The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+4
Al Peasland
drgndrew
kaarl
Tony Terranova
8 posters

TIME TO BE INSPIRED BY THE HUMAN SPIRIT -

Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

TIME TO BE INSPIRED BY THE HUMAN SPIRIT - Empty TIME TO BE INSPIRED BY THE HUMAN SPIRIT -

Post by Tony Terranova Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 am

Time To Be Inspired………….

The Story - A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father who, despite having a heart condition said 'yes.' They went on to complete the marathon together. ;Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'yes' to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said yes' too. For those who don't know, the Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometers) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometers) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometers) marathon along the coast of the Big Island . The father and son went on to complete the race together. NOW WATCH THIS VIDEO and view this race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJMbk9dtpdY

Then dry your eyes,

Anything is possible if we really care and commit to it..if you hyphenate inspire its meaning looks like this "In-Spirit"

Have a great day…and I trust this video clip gives you the joy it gave me...

Tony.T
    kaarl
    kaarl

TIME TO BE INSPIRED BY THE HUMAN SPIRIT - Empty Re: TIME TO BE INSPIRED BY THE HUMAN SPIRIT -

Post by kaarl Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:58 am

inspiring stuff mate...thanks for that
    drgndrew
    drgndrew

TIME TO BE INSPIRED BY THE HUMAN SPIRIT - Empty Re: TIME TO BE INSPIRED BY THE HUMAN SPIRIT -

Post by drgndrew Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:18 am

Brilliant clap
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Yeah - great stuff

Check out their website and take a particular look at their Races page

http://www.teamhoyt.com/races.shtml

a pretty serious record if you ask me ;-)
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Wow!
    This has made a grown man cry.....does this display the love of a father or what?
    Makes you feel like you should try to be better at everything.......just amazing!
    Thanks Tony
    Mick x
    Tim Coppin
    Tim Coppin

Post by Tim Coppin Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:44 pm

One of the single most inspiring videos i have ever seen. That will stay with me forever and when things get tough i will find that to remind myself how much harder things are for others such as this father and son team.

Thank you Tony.
    Eddie Quinn

Post by Eddie Quinn Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Tony T,
    you never fail to inspire me my friend.
    How amazing is that.
    Thank you so much for posting.
    I hope you and yours are well?
    Give my love to Alan and the gang.
    My best to you always,
    Eddie x
    ps i'm still riding the Tiger! lol
    Matt
    Matt

Post by Matt Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Wow, crying again. Being given access to stuff like this is why this forum exists.

Nice one Athos
    Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

Post by Tony Terranova Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:02 am

Thank you to all of you for taking the time to look at these video clips - this forum has huge potential which it will fully realise as time slowly passes and the build up of qaulity information begins to form a library.

Keep training - keep moving forward - and thank you for your interest in my Q&A section
    Tony.T

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am