For Everything Self Defence

Effects of regular hard training

Jazzgoat

Effects of regular hard training

Post by Jazzgoat on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi all

Have any of you ever experienced panic sensations/breathlessness after finishing a really hard randori/sparring session?

During my periods of heavier training and competition in Judo this typically might come on when showering after a session or trying to sleep in bed.

As there are so many martial artist's on the forum I thought there might be a chance this maybe common amongst those that train very regularly and taking on board what GP's have said.

Cheers

Jazzgoat.
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Re: Effects of regular hard training

Post by Al Peasland on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Jazzgoat

not sure what you mean by those symptoms

Do they feel like panic symptoms brought on by stress and adrenalin from the session - or more related to the physical exertion and physical exhaustion from the intense workout?

I often lose my hearing, get a head-rush feeling and that horrible metallic taste in my mouth after a particularly tough CV session - all down to blood pressure raised from the effort I guess.
    Either that or I need to see a Doctor too Laughing
    Jazzgoat

Post by Jazzgoat on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Alan.

Yea thinking of those two options, i'd probably say it was brought on from the physical exhaustion but made worse by a feeling of panic.

Never during training but stopping afterwards.

Last year during one period of heavier training I started screaming at the top of my voice during sleep and woke up wrestling with the washing basket! Funny now but very disturbing at the time. Obviously a different symptom but again perhaps related to the body/mind recovering from frantic and vigourous movement along with the adrenalin released.

Gosh! Out of curiousity, do you find your symptoms worse training in warmer climates?

Jazzgoat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:34 pm