The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

What exercises should i do in the gym for BJJ and kickboxing?

esther
    esther

What exercises should i do in the gym for BJJ and kickboxing? Empty What exercises should i do in the gym for BJJ and kickboxing?

Post by esther Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi, i have been offered the chance to use a gym for free, for a while.I have never been in a gym before and wondered what machines/exercises might be beneficial to me to help with my BJJ and kickboxing.I dont enjoy running, so im hoping a treadmill isnt suggested!! I would sound like a baby elelphant stomping on it!!! lol. I dont know why but ive always had an issue with running!!! Thanks guys. Very Happy
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

What exercises should i do in the gym for BJJ and kickboxing? Empty Re: What exercises should i do in the gym for BJJ and kickboxing?

Post by Al Peasland Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:20 am

Mr Terranova is probably going to be the best guy to ask on this one Esther.

General options for me would be to stick to free weights rather than machines, but obviously be careful if you are training alone.

Never recommend using treadmills anyway, unless you whack it on an incline (and don't hang on to the handles!)
    But appreciate that running on the road may not be a safe option, so sometimes they are a good alternative.
    Instead, try the cross-trainers, or better still, Concept Rower - great for cardio and also good for grip, back, triceps, legs, all of which will come in handy in grappling

Take a look at the machines which are used least in the gym - chances are thee are the ones that hurt the most and give the best benefits!
    Stair masters are excellent - and are usually always available Laughing

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am