The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

Want to gradually lose 20lbs

BJJ Fighter

Want to gradually lose 20lbs Empty Want to gradually lose 20lbs

Post by BJJ Fighter Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 pm

I know how to cut weight for a tournament.

I was wondering if anyone had a good diet if I wanted to gradually but consistently lose about 20lbs. From 210 to 190.

The next few months I will only be able to train (BJJ) about 3 times a week. I will try and pepper in some other stuff, but at worst I will only be training 3 times a week.

Any suggestions?
    GNARL

Want to gradually lose 20lbs Empty Re: Want to gradually lose 20lbs

Post by GNARL Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:22 am

BJJ Fighter wrote:I know how to cut weight for a tournament.

I was wondering if anyone had a good diet if I wanted to gradually but consistently lose about 20lbs. From 210 to 190.

The next few months I will only be able to train (BJJ) about 3 times a week. I will try and pepper in some other stuff, but at worst I will only be training 3 times a week.

Any suggestions?

That type of loss isn't tough if the correct foods are eaten. I recommend meats and vegetables to form the basis of your meals. Things like nuts, fruits, oils, spices, etc can be added. The important part is also which foods you eliminate. I recommend all refined grains and legumes. No bread, sugar, rice, quinoa, oats, etc. For more info and recipes check out Mark's Daily Apple, Paleo Diet, Phil Maffetone.