The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

Hi all

Richard Sackville
    Richard Sackville

Hi all Empty Hi all

Post by Richard Sackville Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi all,

Some of you will know me as Richard K on the other forums but due to a slight issue with my employer, I now have to post everywhere as Richard Sackville, we have a proactive internal affairs branch and they found me posting on the web. They noted that my employers would be more than a little put out that my opinions could be traced back to them and seen as their policy.

Richard Sackville is a working name I will be using for my future posting and also should I write any more articles for the likes of MAI etc. Sounds a bit walter milty like but best to comply.

This place looks great and I am off to read some of the posts, very happy to be here.

Regards Richard

Hi all Empty Re: Hi all

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Hey Richard

Welcome aboard mate,
    Enjoy

Craig
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:05 am

Hi mate, welcome aboard.
    forgive me for my ignorance, but i have no idea what your talking about Shocked

any background info for us in the way of styles/experience? just like to know who im talking to Very Happy

enjoy the forum, look forward to reading some of your posts,

Rick.
    Richard Sackville
    Richard Sackville

Post by Richard Sackville Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Cool,

Here we go as best as I can remember:
    Trained in ww2 combatives and boxing by granddad, been boxing since 1977, also in thai boxing since 1982. Then got into full contact dog brother style stick fighting around the 1998 mark. Around about 1990 started to get into vale tudo and grappling. Have a good general knowledge of JKD, fair knowledge of some silat/fma systems (private closed door student).

Have coached cage fighters, boxers, stick fighters and thai boxers. Since I was also in the army in the early eighties and also did some freelance work afterward, not to unswitched on with regards to weapons systems etc. All along I have been mostly interested in selp protection.

Retired from coaching, due to injury and lack of time, so now train mostly with some former students, working basic SP. Mainly because I get sent places with work where they like to steal and sell on people like me.

Bit of a part time writer, have done vid reviews and articles for MAI etc. Nearly 43 and starting to feel my age every morning as I have been involved in a number accidents/incidents and it’s getting harder to get out of bed in the winter monthes...

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Hey Richard

Thanks for the intro mate
    nice to have you here.

Craig
    cheers
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:18 pm

hi richard
    love the surname!!!
    now thats an alter ego x
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:15 pm

kool, sounds like you know your stuff Smile i look forward to reading some of your posts Very Happy

thanks.

Rick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm