The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

5 posters

On Another Level

On Another Level Empty On Another Level

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Hey All....

Just a quick post for a friday but....

Have you ever noticed that some people just attract the worst possible outcomes in their life? i mean, crap job, so called friends who always expect things from you yet give nothing in return. your car breaks down at the worst time. but it all seems to come close together?

Have you ever noticed also that it mainly happens when you get out of bed saying " my god, today is going to be crap ?"

If we can attract all the stuff we dont want to happen in our life, why cant we attract only that what which we do want? make it more positive, productive. ? well I firmly believe we can.

We all have hopes, dreams, goals, ambitions, but most of us never do anything about them as we are conditioned from our early years on this spinning planet by the ones we love telling us to be realistic. being a pro footballer is not realistic, being an astronaut, a pilot, an artist, a singer, an actor. you name it we at some stage have been told by someone in some way to keep it real and dont get above our station.

We dont have a station.....

I know for a fact, an absolute fact we can be anything we want, go anywhere, do anything and meet anyone we want on our journey to who we want to be. there are NO limits to what we can achieve only what we limit ourselves to be.

You can achieve all this and more, but dont just settle for what you have. we all have dreams for ourselves, our family and our loved ones. dont just talk to those who wish to do something or be someone extra ordinary. but talk to those who have done it, are doing it and are on their way to doing it and get a feel for where you want to be.

We are ALL someone who can make a difference. even if it is just to one person, on one particular day. some of us on here are instructors, teachers, some are fantastic engineers like our own Tony T, some just go to class as they enjoy keeping fit. but we all learn from each other, and everyone is a teacher in their own way.

By helping one person realise that we can have what we want, it will be spread to many more. there is an old saying which I was told recently by Geoff " when a bird lands in a tree, the whole world changes ". because everything affects everything else.

In a nut shell guys, think positive, be positive, and work towards what it is you truly desire. once you are doing this, metaphorical mountains will move, doors will open and your potential can be fulfilled.

Regards
    Craig
    Cool
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

On Another Level Empty Re: On Another Level

Post by Mick Tully Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 pm

we are the designers of our own destiny....and it's never to late to become the person you are supposed to be!!

great post!
    mick x
    Les Turpin
    Les Turpin

Post by Les Turpin Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 pm

so i am 41 and i want to be an astronaut. can it be done..... i doubt it

i think we all need to be realistic and that includes taking on the responsibility or our past actions. maybe 20 yrs ago i could have been an astronaut, didn't want it then though.

i disagree that we can be whatever we want to be, but , i beleive we can all TRY to be what we want, if we don't make it for whatever reason then at least we have tried. that is something that cannot be taken away from you.

at the moment, i am happy being a nice guy working to provide for my family, if i want anything else now then i have to be realistic.

please dont take this post as a negative, so far i have achieved every goal i set myself......................

maybe i am already the man i am supposed to be !!
    AMC Steve
    AMC Steve

Post by AMC Steve Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Great post Craig.
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:49 pm

hear hear stevie G
    great post craig....but robbie williams wants to go into space and the fat dude from n*sync got on the soviet program
    seriously though, you have acheived in 41 years a lot of people could not dream of having
    mick x
    Les Turpin
    Les Turpin

Post by Les Turpin Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 pm

?
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:51 pm

happy and content ....pretty good start

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:04 pm

We all have to start somewhere,
    but whats wrong with aiming for the stratosphere. I am 32, and only just seriously getting back into sd, but the guys I know and train with I could never have imagined having train me, let alone being friends with when I was growing up.

Everything is taking shape and takes a lot of work its true. but I have a friend who is older than you Les, and he set his sights on some things recently and is hitting monstrous heights within his industry.

I take on board what you say, but as I said and Mick echoed, we are the creators of our own destiny, and as long as you do what you are happy with. fair play my friend.

Craig
    x
    cheers

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Ps,

Cheers Mick and Steve,

Much appreciated guys
    Very Happy
    Alan Macdonald
    Alan Macdonald

Post by Alan Macdonald Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:01 pm

I think belief in yourself is 90 percent of the battle with whatever you want to achieve. There was a 96 year old woman in Australia recently who just passed a degree. How often do you talk to Mr or Mrs Average in the street and because society in general dictates that such and such is not possible, they comply and become conventional nothings. I heard a guy on the radio the other day and he was talking about his life and he said he'd given up playing football cause he was too old...at 40. Ridiculous!! You will always have what you believe. My daughter, who is in a wheelchair, did a freefall parachute jump. There should be no such thing as can't do. Rant, rant...
    bobspour
    bobspour

Post by bobspour Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Whatever you believe...you're right!

Your beliefs are shaped by your Environment, Behaviours, Capabilities& Skills. These make you what you are...Your IDENTITY. All of these can be changed by any number of different methods that I use every day and teach others to use. One does have to be realistic about what one can do and not use generalisations such as 'I can do anything I want' That's bollocks and the realm of Positive Thinkers! You can't fly without the aid of an aircraft and you can't stay underwater indefinately. There are some things that we can do within our boundaries. We can achieve many things providing we are willing to change any of the above. We can change our environment (in most cases), we can change our behaviours, we develop new skills and therefore capabilities we can even change our beliefs! etc etc.

Most people I meet have limiting beliefs....these are the beliefs we have that say maybe we shouldn't do something 'cause it probably won't succeed. They actively prevent us from growing...if that's what you want to do.

I always say "What would happen if I did do that and what would be the best possible outcome"...this is known as the 'What If...' Reframe. It makes you think of possibilities rather than problems. It puts you in a better state able to handle things better and make the better decisions. Always make decisions when you are in a good state. That simply makes sense.

But remember ...Whatever you Believe ... you are absolutely Right!!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:22 pm

Nice post Bob

Thanks for that mate,

As I have heard time and time again

"Those that think they can, and those that think they cant are both right"

Cracking
    cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am