The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

Back in the day

Stuart Rider
    Stuart Rider

Back in the day Empty Back in the day

Post by Stuart Rider Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Al

Just out of interest mate, did you attend the training sessions that Dave Turton used to teach for Geoff?
    If you did what where the sessions like?

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Cheers
    Stuart
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Back in the day Empty Re: Back in the day

Post by Al Peasland Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:22 am

Hi Stuart, Don't mind you asking at all mate.

I remember meeting Dave Turton for the first time when Geoff invited him down to the class as a guest instructor for one session.

Geoff used to do that alot, whether they be great guys from around the town, guys Geoff worked with, to top Martial Arts instructors, Boxers, etc.
    We had all manner of people come down to run guest instructor sessions, so Daves was one of those.

It was along time ago and I've had lots of bangs on the head since, so forgive me if I don't remember too much about what we did.

I think we covered mostly catch wrestling and some verticle grappling, pretty much the same as Dave teaches now with his head control of the aggressor, head rips, that kind of thing.
    I do remember him spending time talking about diet and nutrition, some tips I still carry with me to this day.

Those years were so busy with training 6 sessions per week with the class plus my personal training on top, travelling the country on seminars, visiting other clubs, etc - the rest is pretty much a blur.

I know Dave came down a few other times, but I may have ony been on one or two of those sessions.

How much time Geoff spent training privately with Dave, and how much time some of the other lads trained with him I'm not sure - but I can find out for you.

Not sure if this answered your question though - sorry mate.

Al Cool
    Stuart Rider
    Stuart Rider

Post by Stuart Rider Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 pm

No that's cool mate, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Stu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:28 pm