The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+2
Nick
Jim Armstrong
6 posters

G'day cobbers or how's ya fettle marra.

Jim Armstrong
    Jim Armstrong

G'day cobbers or how's ya fettle marra. Empty G'day cobbers or how's ya fettle marra.

Post by Jim Armstrong Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi guys,

My names Jim as you can see by my not made up name. (for a change)

I have been doing the martial arts for over 20 years now and done a bit of this and a wee bit of that. Mainly Thai boxing/kick boxing and Eskrima which has led me into the wonderful world of self protection.

I have been doing the so called RBSD/personal protection fo a few years now and am still enjoying it. I am origianlly from bonny Newcastle upon Tyne but now live in Melbourne, Australia where I run a small club called Raw combatives. I am probably a bit different to most of the guys on here as I don't live in a particulary violent society unlike I did when I lived back in the UK. This has changed me and the way I teach and what I teach. For me it's all about personal growth and loving who you are so you can love those around you. Yes I know how it sounds but I am far from a robe wearing preacher or one of those lovely do gooders.

I still base it all around the base need of self protection, and the odd bit of martial sexiness for a bit of fun. I will contribute what I can and take what I need, or don't need as the case may be!

Thanks guys.
    Nick
    Nick

G'day cobbers or how's ya fettle marra. Empty Re: G'day cobbers or how's ya fettle marra.

Post by Nick Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Hey Jim, good to seeya on here, welcome aboard mate.
    drgndrew
    drgndrew

G'day cobbers or how's ya fettle marra. Empty Re: G'day cobbers or how's ya fettle marra.

Post by drgndrew Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:41 pm

It's about time you guys made it here.

Welcome onboard

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:59 pm

welcome on board Jim

Look forward to your posts

Craig
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi Jim

Nice to have you on the site mate

I look forward to your posts

Take care

Al cheers
    Jim Armstrong
    Jim Armstrong

Post by Jim Armstrong Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 am

Thanks for the welcome guys.

It's nice to be here to be here nice.

Looks like you have waaaay too many Aussies on here though. Oh well you can't have it all I suppose!
    bobspour
    bobspour

Post by bobspour Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:44 pm

welcome to the forum...fellow Geordie! This means there are a couple of really hard men posting at last!

All the best mate...

Bob
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:38 pm

there are so many jokes i could make about a couple of really hard men posting here.... seeing as its you though Bob, and your one tough f***er, im gonna pass on that one lol!

anyways, welcome Jim, glad to have you here mate. look forward to your posts.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:01 pm

I think thats the wisest move you have made in a while mate
    not saying owt

lol!
    Jim Armstrong
    Jim Armstrong

Post by Jim Armstrong Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:41 am

Sorry guys but if you already have a Geordie on here I will have to leave.

Not because there is going to be way to much hardness (Ooh I feel quite sick)

It's the fact that it's hard enough to get along in life just trying to be, but to have to measure yourself up against two Geordies is really just not fair. I mean how are all you lads going to cope?

Ah! Okay I'll stay I'll just try not to be too brilliant! (Yes thats correct ALL Geordies are somewhat delusional.....or at least that's what we like to tell people so they don't feel inferior....isn't that right Bob?)

Thanks again for the welcome guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm