The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+4
Mick Tully
Tigger
Tony Terranova
Lee Morrison
8 posters

SP/Combatives seminar for the ladies

Lee Morrison

SP/Combatives seminar for the ladies Empty SP/Combatives seminar for the ladies

Post by Lee Morrison Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:40 am

Hi everyone,

just looking to get some feedback from the ladies on our forum. I recently ran an additional course for my instructors as part of their instructorship within Urban Combatives; this entailed specifically how to design a Self-Protection program specific to women. The course was a great success and each of them now have a good understanding of how certain elements, within a teaching/training context, need to be adapted and installed for quick learning and practicality.

So here's the deal, I am looking to run 2 maybe 3; three hour workshops for the ladies, covering all elements of SP as the list of topics below will show. These workshops are open to all the ladies here and anyone else you care to tell. If any of you are slightly uncomfortable with working with, or getting hands on with a male instructor then please feel free to bring your partner/husband/brother or other of male orientation.

There will be approximately enough resources for 30 women; and the workshop will be of minimal cost; £10 each or per couple. All we are looking to cover are the hall costs/fuel and travel and hand out material etc. The idea is two-fold, first and primarily to introduce as many women as possible to skills that will empower them; and second, to give my instructors a hands on opportunity to apply what they have taken from me.

I will be teaching the program as a whole with each instructor teaching certain modules. The workshops will be ran on a Sunday 2 or 3 months in a row. If anyone is up for it on here, please reply and/or send me a PM and I will get back to you with the details.

TOPICS include:
    Awareness/Understanding the threat to women comes primarily from Males (known) within a Domestic setting: Males (unknown) within the context of any street assault: and as we have seen in recent years from women to other women: within teenage gang culture; alcohol related pub/club environment.

Once we've looked at the problem, we begin to look at our options and resources equating to part of the solution. These include projection of voice and demeanor, developing a confident body language profile, focusing indignation, creating physical and verbal boundaries, the difference between a street attack and domestic abuse, physical tools and targeting, primal skills, hard skills, situational offense, simulation and scenario training, installation of MINDSET and much more. Like I said anyone interested please give us some feedback.

Peace Smile
    Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

SP/Combatives seminar for the ladies Empty Re: SP/Combatives seminar for the ladies

Post by Tony Terranova Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi Lee,

This sounds awsome - I will recommend to our ladies that if they can find the time that they should attend - I assume the course will be local to your home address is that correct?

I still have your book "Up Close, Nothing Personal" that you signed for me a few years ago and give to students to read when they want to know more about practical techniques.

I love your work - and hope all is going well for you.

Regards,
    Tony. T
    Tigger
    Tigger

SP/Combatives seminar for the ladies Empty Re: SP/Combatives seminar for the ladies

Post by Tigger Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi Lee, this sounds really interesting. So yes when you have more set dates and location please do let me know, either by this site or by PM. I am booked with Geoff's Masterclass again at the moment until December, but still very interested to know more and see if a) it would fit with my training timetable and b)if not may be look to do something next year if you are still doing them.

Many thanks
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:53 am

Hi Tony

thanks for your thoughts mate. In regards to location I will host the event in 1 of 2 Southampton locations was looking to get the ball rolling for Oct/Nov time but we will have to see the interest it generates.
    Cheers Lee M
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:01 am

Hi Lee,
    The course sounds great! I wish you all the best with it,also sorry to go off topic but do you have any copies of "from pankration to present"? GT gave me a copy,but Rick Faye "borrowed" it and now it rests in his library...he loved it! Take care
    mick x
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi Mick,
    it's nice to know one of my books has been passed round such worthy people Very Happy
    send me an address via a PM mate and I will send you a complimentary copy.
    Cheers Lee M
    jimmyfatwing
    jimmyfatwing

Post by jimmyfatwing Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:46 am

Lee - sounds good! Let me know the details when you have them as i'm sure if time is permitting Mags (and maybe some others) would be up for coming along.
    Helen Mackenzie
    Helen Mackenzie

Post by Helen Mackenzie Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 am

Hi Lee, the girls from FFMA would very much like to come along to your sessions. We were talking about it tonight in class with Tony T and Alan M and there should be about 5 or 6 of us. Just let us know when and where and we will be there with bells on! It sounds brilliant and we think we would completely benefit from your training. Look forward to hearing from you. Helen
    nisa
    nisa

Post by nisa Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi Lee

The course sounds amazing, definitly interested on attending. Like Helen said there are a few of us from FFMA that would love to attend, so please keep us posted.

Nisa x
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Lee, just thought i would add my ten pennies worth!!!! Yes i agree it will be very interesting, and beneficial to us females.It looks like the FFMA female students have taken over this thread!!!!! Looking forward to the details.lol!
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 am

Hello girls,

glad this is generating some interest, if there is around 6 of you interested now, along with some of the girls who have been in touch already from my area, then we are not too far away with the numbers. I will run a few dates by you all shortly. Will probably run the first 3 hour workshop in Nov as Sept is very busy for me at the moment. It will be on a Sunday in Southampton from 12-3pm.

As I said before, please feel free to bring your partner or a friend. Cost will be minimal and I can assure you all of good content. Just keep an eye to the forum for further details.

Jimmy, hello mate, sorry I didn't get back to you. Please feel free to bring Mags along and anyone else you think might be interest. Also a second smurf suit might be useful cheers bro.

Lee M Smile
    Helen Mackenzie
    Helen Mackenzie

Post by Helen Mackenzie Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Thank you Lee, we will wait to hear from you. Helen x
    jimmyfatwing
    jimmyfatwing

Post by jimmyfatwing Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi Lee

If dates etc work out mate then that's no problem. Happy to be of help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm