The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+4
Dave Stanswood
Peter Skillen
AMC Steve
Mick Tully
8 posters

hopes and dreams?

Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

hopes and dreams? Empty hopes and dreams?

Post by Mick Tully Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:07 am

i wanted to change the world when i was a child....now i plaster walls for a living!
    so i'm changing the world 1 wall at a time....what did you guys want to do?
    how's that changed?
    just some ideas i throwing out in a david brent sort of stylee!
    show me some love people!
    mick x
    geek
    AMC Steve
    AMC Steve

hopes and dreams? Empty Re: hopes and dreams?

Post by AMC Steve Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 am

Hiya!
    This may sound daft but I'm not sure I ever fully knew what I wanted to do. I have had various professions and I'm sure at some stage I thought I wanted to do them, but now I have decided that I'm working purely to pay for the things I enjoy doing as opposed to working at some job that I want to do for ever.
    So I now work on the doors, which helps me pay for seminars and holidays (on the rare occasion. lol) and helps me develop my martial arts and self protection skills.
    So I'm kinda sorting the world out.. one drunken idiot at a time Wink

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:16 pm

nice guys

Im much the same as steve,
    never really knew all i knew was that I wanted to stop getting Crap from people, so took up MA. so now I train, teach, pass on what knowledge I have to others. not always in a class. I sit, listen, and offer advice if they want it from my perspective. Now that I can teach, I do it by listening and talking not always by training people physcailly

So I guess in a way Im sorting the world out by helping others in a manner that they dont realise, im just listening and being there and maybe the odd workout to release some stress. one person, one day at a time. the world changes

Craig

Laughing
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:25 pm

i knew when iwas growing up that i am going to do something that will be reconised on an international scale. What it is yet i am not sure but it's close.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:26 pm

best of luck with it pete
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:22 am

hey peter and steve
    great to see you both here
    i also wanted to be as tall as steve....maybe when i grow up!!x
    AMC Steve
    AMC Steve

Post by AMC Steve Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:03 am

I'll buy you a box Wink
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:06 pm

I wanted to change myself, still do thats the hardest part. I like Pete S would like a place on the world stage doing what, i dont know yet but the prospects are endless. Great stuff.
    I am tall as well Steve i was told this place is run by midgets and they needed someone to look up to Laughing

Dave

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:11 pm

lol!

hoi dave, I aint a midget, im vertically challeneged,... jeez mate no need to be sizeist.

I dunno, just cause people are taller. still just means my pre empt on you would be punching your knee caps and breaking your balace, then biting your ankles. so beware in next class lol.

bom
    Steve Rowe
    Steve Rowe

Post by Steve Rowe Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:56 pm

You can significantly affect the world in a multitude of ways, over the last 35 years I've taught thousands of people and changed their lives, they have gone on to change others, people often write to me to say that they've read an article I've written and it's changed their life. Others have watched DVD's or read a book I've written. Training bodyguards, special services and police has meant that some have come back and said that their training was life saving, ordinary students have said the same. Others have said their training has helped them to deal with stress at work or at home.

I think that whatever you do - you should do it well, the Buddhist guidance of wisdom, good behavior, and heightened mental awareness and focus will always serve well and set a good example to others.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Amen to that Steve

Absolute quality mate,

Thankyou

Craig
    Tigger
    Tigger

Post by Tigger Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:56 pm

I wanted to be a pole dancer! Marry a millionaire footballer and never have to work again! ;-)

However when that did not work out I ended up kind of falling into things (and yeah it’s painful!). The truth is I have no idea where I am going even now, I look back on my life and I am in a place where I never thought I would be and it is a more positive, warm and caring environment with people who support and believe in me, from family (they have to it is the law!), to close friends to new friends in my life from MA/Self protection. I guess I have been lucky I have managed to have some great jobs which some cracking people, but due to my father being very ill I have met some truly amazingly people and they make me feel so humble, they spend their working days saving people, rebuilding people, loving and supporting people to a point where I realised that I have always been looking for something, never known what, but never felt 100% whole and then I met Geoff and Al and Mick and something clicked, so for me, this is where I am, never thought I would be, but glad to be here.
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:08 am

gosh ....feeling a bit bad about being so glib at the start of this!i have trained with some of you who have answered so i know just how great you guys are!
    some i've shown around building sites(peter)
    and some i have been following their career in print....how lucky are we all??

we are all on the threshold of something great in the UK
    people seem to want more than just generic MA or sweat a bit in a tapout t-shirt......which is also ok...who am i to question the validity of what they get out of MA!!!

but in these days of seemingly fruitless searching for meaning....i honestly believe that on this forum there are people who can change lives....for the better....if that sounds cliche'd then sorry!
    i'ts truly what i believe x

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 am

Amen to that mick
    We are ALL capable of changing someones lives
    some of you on here have already helped change mine for the better, and will continue to do so I have no doubt.

We have a great bunch people on here, from both sexes. and ones whom clearly are not afraid to say what they feel, or how they feel. which shows courage in itself.

If you can do this and be open and honest with yourselves, and myself included. then the potential is limitless.

Craig
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 pm

I always wanted to gain a degree or join the police. Just to make a difference in my community. Well i've just graduated from uni, and in january i'm applying for the police (unless something else takes my interest). Like Steve said, i'm working the doors for the same reasons (paying bills, holidays etc) and changing the world one drunken idiot at a time.
    Alan Macdonald
    Alan Macdonald

Post by Alan Macdonald Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:36 pm

I joined the military in the hope that it would stop my headlong downward spiral to the gutter. I thought, "well I can't be an astronaut or a pop star, what else could I do that would be exciting every day and make me hard. You see, like a lot of you guys, I had similar reasons to yours in becoming Martial Artists in that I wanted confidence and ability to cope and not be intimidated. I learned to respect myself in the end and discovered a theraputic passion for exercise. But I also learned that true self-fulfillment comes not from the job we do, however adrenalin inducing it may be, or the riches we have, but from learning and self development and for me, true satisfaction comes from seeing others being inspired and changing their lives for the better. What a buzz it is to see a new student, arriving with zilcho confidence and, over the months and years, see them blossom and grow. That for me is where a real difference is made.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:44 pm

Hey Alan

Spot on mate, and a great asset to the world of self defence and fitness you are mate. glad to know you buddy.

Craig
    cheers
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:09 am

good luck with the police mate..god knows we ned more good guys out there!
    sorry i've been away guys..training and all that jazz!
    concrete posts.....i'm running out of them! x Razz

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:29 am

I KNEW it was you.... I had three lamposts removed in my street this week alone and being replaced with steel ones.

Im starting neighbourhood watch for lampost kickers.....
    MR TULLY BEWARE..... ill eat your sweets bounce
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:37 am

working on my iron shirt gung fu as well....fear my wrath! x
    hahahhaha Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 am