The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

4 posters

completeselfprotection.com @ Effective Fitness Gym

Davey
    Davey

completeselfprotection.com @ Effective Fitness Gym Empty completeselfprotection.com @ Effective Fitness Gym

Post by Davey Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi

Do you have to have alot of martial arts and full contact experience to take part in these Sunday lesons?
    I have very little in the way of full contact experience, the Jutsu I did was british jujitsu Association which is very traditional, nothing like the brazilin stuff, so if i was to turn up i would really be a complete beginner.

Oh yer whats this BCA that people refer too? is it British Combat Association? lol if it is I was there all them years ago think it was about 1993 ish? heh motorcycle helmets and 16oz gloves lol

If I did start what would i expect to undertake in the first few lessons?

thanks in advance for getting back to me.

Unfit Dave Smile
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

completeselfprotection.com @ Effective Fitness Gym Empty Re: completeselfprotection.com @ Effective Fitness Gym

Post by Al Peasland Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi Dave

Just a heads up - my site is a little out of date as we're still training out of the Canley gym at the moment, but I will send more details privately if you require them.

The BCA is as you said, the British Combat Association. Headed by Peter Consterdine and Geoff Thompson.

The Sunday sessions is open to anyone, of any ability. It's a small friendly group and thats they way I intend it to stay. Each week we cover a variety of stuff, from pure self protection, pre-emptive striking, restrictive striking, etc - right through to training in each art such as grappling, Muay Thai, Boxing, etc etc

Fitness is a pre-requosite to attending mate, the training will help develop that anyway.

Often we leave it up to the guys and gals at the class to decide some areas they'd like to work on, so it's all very informal and flexible.

Feel free to drop me a line and we can talk more about what you want to do and get out of the sessions.

We're hoping to get some more classes started soon, so will keep everyone posted on that as and when

Cheers mate

Al
    Davey
    Davey

completeselfprotection.com @ Effective Fitness Gym Empty Re: completeselfprotection.com @ Effective Fitness Gym

Post by Davey Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:20 pm

That Sounds great, Could I come along and take a look? I'd be able to judge my fitness better then and be able to see if i could keep up.

thanks again
    Dave
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Davey, dont worry about fitness mate. just get right into it Very Happy
    any good instructor (and i know Al falls into that category) will only work you as hard as you can be worked.
    hell, last week in training, my head went spinning cos i did to much. my instructor saw it, and sat me down to let me recover. when i was ready to go again, he told me to give it a couple more mins just to make sure, and then i finished the session no problemo.
    just an example of what happens in a well run class by good instructors mate. push it to your limit, and trust yourself and your teachers and you'll be fine, regardless of your fitness level.
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 am

Cheers rick, think I'l pop along on sunday and get my ass Kicked Smile
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:43 am

no problem bud. have fun and train hard. you can always take a breather if you cant keep up. and the more you do it, the better you'll do next time you go!
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:35 am

Hi Davey
    welcome anytime mate
    look 4ward to seeing you soon
    mick x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am