The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+4
Steve friel
Mick Tully
Davey
geordiedave
8 posters

Fence dvd

geordiedave

Fence dvd Empty Fence dvd

Post by geordiedave Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi Al,

I am curious to know the difference in your "Fence dvd" in comparison to Geoff Thompsons.I've been thinking about buying a copy but I 'm thinking "what has Al Peasland got in this dvd that is better than Geoff's ? " .

Cheers

Dave
    Davey
    Davey

Fence dvd Empty Re: Fence dvd

Post by Davey Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:48 am

Mick tully Smile

Cant say myself cos i've not seen Geoff's but i'd be interseted to know also, might even go and buy it anyway....
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:12 am

Me!
    Seriously though check out www.completeselfprotection.com
    and see for yourself....imho i think its quite possibly one of the best dvds out there at the moment
    mick x
    Steve friel
    Steve friel

Post by Steve friel Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:59 pm

I've got a copy of both and i second mick. Both are very good and worth a look
    dennis_thompson
    dennis_thompson

Post by dennis_thompson Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Havent seen Al's but have seen Geoff's and a few others. It seems theres loads of 'fence' is it a case of trying them all until you find one that fits you?

Cheers,

Den

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey Den

It all depends where you have seen the fence practiced, Geoffs dvd is where I started, and Al's dvd takes it one step further and is by far some of the best explanations and demonstrations of the fence I have seen to date, and is also what I have been taught and which I use on a day to day basis.

All the static poses you may seen in magazines are just that, Someone being static with arms out in a defensive or controlling posture, the fence is merely a tool to be used to control the distance between you and anyone else, " guarding personal space " if you like. being able to control the distance between yourself and a potential threat and giving you time and space to be able to control the situation, knowing you have control, WITHOUT the other person knowing what you are doing.

Al's dvd is the way to go mate, and explains all the variations that you use day to day and explains the situations in which the fence may change due to the scenario you are dealing with.

as Mo Teague would call it, talking hands....

get the dvd mate, its worth every penny and more.

Regards
    Craig
    geordiedave

Post by geordiedave Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Hi Craig,

Geoff Thompson's books and dvds was my introduction to "Real Self-Defence" and Geoff's "The Fence" dvd was also. I think Dave Turton terms it "the Guard" and as you say Mo Teague calls it "Talking Hands" while I've heard of Bouncers call it "doing Italian". I'll see about getting a copy as you've now got me intrigued as to AL Peasland's advance on it.

Regards
    Dave

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:07 am

HI Dave

You wont regret it mate, its wedged firmly in my collection mate,
    and worth every second. everyone calls it one thing or another it just boils down to the same thing

CONTROL YOUR SPACE.

cheers
    Ian

Post by Ian Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:38 am

Hi Dave

I own both and must admit I felt I undesrtood the concepts a lot better when I watched Al's DVD. I dug out an old testimonial I wrote for his DVD that may help you but Im guessing from the date of this post you've made your mind up now... anyway, here it is if it helps...

'Having had the pleasure of training with Al for the first time recently, I was keen to learn more about his fence concepts so bought his excellent DVD of the same name. I already own Geoff Thompson's 'The Fence' DVD and was expecting something similar but was very pleased to see that Al has put his own spin on this and went into the concepts in great detail, explaining the different types of fence and how best to drill and strike from them. For those that don't know, the 'fence' is your protection between you and a potential aggressor and changes depending on the range and threat level ranging from a passive (hands in a relaxed, yet ready position) to a submissive and aggressive form which can be used to switch an aggressor's adrenalin on or off depending on whether you wish to 'psyche out or knock out' the opponent..
    Al's presentation style is both witty and informative and he is exactly the same whether you train with him or watch his DVD.
    I now feel I understand the fence concepts a lot better and as a result have been making conscious efforts to practice the passive fence as often as possible, as well as practicing striking from the fence. If you want to learn or improve your knowledge and understanding of the fence, which is, to my mind, probably the most important physical self protection technique then I highly recommend Al's Fence Concepts DVD.'
    geordiedave

Post by geordiedave Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Yep, I eventually got a copy.
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 am

I think this is probably the best DVD on sale regarding fence work (and I think secretly Al and Geoff both know it) ;-) http://www.howtofence.co.nz/index.php?page=the-dvd
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:47 am

Actually - he's doing it all wrong.

For a start - EVERYONE knows that a 10 wire farm fence is far more versatile and robust than a 8 wire that Mr Millar is championing.

Although - I am in total awe of his choice of Wire rather than a bog standard wooden version - more subtle and less obvious that he even has a fence up

cheers

ps: My next seminars will now be conducted in Fields..... please bring your own shovels

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:33 pm