The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

Criminal Mindset

Jonny Figgis
    Jonny Figgis

Criminal Mindset Empty Criminal Mindset

Post by Jonny Figgis Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi All

See below link to a shooting in a store in the US. It shows how the criminal mindset once put into action was relentless and very violent. It also shows the lack of awareness and 'too relaxed' demeanour of the two police officers involved. Read the article and watch the video...would be interested in hearing your comments...

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2008/12/08/the-combat-mindset-in-action/
    Les Turpin
    Les Turpin

Criminal Mindset Empty Re: Criminal Mindset

Post by Les Turpin Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:04 pm

i think the criminal was a coward.

anybody is a faking superhero with a gun in there hand. yeah his criminal mindset was ' hey i got a gun i will use it' nothing clever about that . 3 million people use that mindset everyday. i feel sorry for the cops that missed the threat. looks like he was coming across like a nice guy and then bam bam. not a lot they could have done.
    Jonny Figgis
    Jonny Figgis

Post by Jonny Figgis Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:22 pm

I know, he is a coward for sure. I think the point the writer was making was that once the intention was there, there was no stopping him. His motivation to not get arrested was strong and thus the scene ended this way. It is a frightening clip really.

Last edited by Jonny Figgis on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Absolutely.

Gun or not he was determined that he was going to do whatever was necessary to get out of there. Coward yes absolutely. But also had the intent needed to follow through what he needed or indeed wanted to do.

He was not about to be stopped and done everything he could to escape.

Scary
    Craig
    Matt
    Matt

Post by Matt Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:16 am

It may the obvious response of somebody that has lead a fairly sheltered existence and it may be that I live in a bubble but what is more scary a) the video of the criminal with the gun or b) the website's response that infers that the problem of gun crime can be tackled by their offer of a dvd, folding knife, holster, magazine holder, manuals, flashlight and holder, hat, tshirt and a free handgun for all!!

RRP $3400, you get it for $1,199!!! And you get a certificate!!

see: https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

Where do I sign Mr Millionaire Patriot and can I get one with a happy meal for the kids?

I realise that my response is flippant and I know I haven't read the detail so I am now going back to my bubble.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 am