The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

Latest Article

Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Latest Article Empty Latest Article

Post by Al Peasland Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi All

Not had many questions for quite some time - so thought I'd put my own out there for you guys to answer.

My articles are obviously not of the Geoff Thompson quality at the moment - I say, at the moment, because I know they soon wil be with sufficient effort and dedication.

Anyway, that's another story.

I've posted a new article on my website and planning on posting mroe new articles each week - so feel free to pop across and have a peruse.

I'm keen to know your thoughts and comments on whatever I write and have to say - it's the only way I will improve and consider other points of view

http://www.completeselfprotection.com/articles.html

You can get to the previous articles from this page also (right hand side)

Thanks all

Al

Latest Article Empty Re: Latest Article

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Very nice article mate.

One which hits home a lot to me also, I was forever trying to force that which it was I THOUGHT I wanted, but ultimately when I achieved it, it did not last long at all. The satisfaction wore off and I realised I was pushing for what everyone else wanted of me.

Now I am aiming for what I want, it will be a long road but one in which I am completely happy about now, and one in which I am sure is the right avenue for me. I didnt quite look for it, but as Al says in his article it was something that found me. It was not the direction I had intended to go but combining what I have learned over the past couple of years with this new venture I am aiming to do this year. I am excited at the prospect.

Dont force it, just let it come.

Craig
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:53 am

Nice one mate

It's a strange paradox but when we try to achieve everything "others" want us to , we're often not happy and never really achieve it with any success.

However, if we go against what is expected of us and follow our "selfish" dream - we become a much better person - not only for ourselves, but also everynoe else.
    All those around us then benefit from our peace and success in our new achievement

For example - let's look at Geoff for one moment. All those people who told him he would never succeed and was a fool to even dare to follow his dream. They wanted him to stay where he was........ with them!
    However, now he has made a signifcant step towards his own personal dream (well - he's been doing that for a long time actually) - do yo uthink al those people will not be interested??? I think not. They'll happily and conveniently forget their misgivings and join in the celebrations to be around the success that will inevitably spread out farther than Geoff himself - if you get whay I mean

What I'm trying to say is - people hold you back, but when you ignore them and do it anyway, they are soon swayed and will be more than willing to join you when your goals are being realised even in spite of their initial misgivings.

Nowt as funny as folk mate - so I just ignore all of them Laughing

Crack on with whatever it is you want to do. Those who really are on your side will support you and be there with you when you get there anyway.

It's not selfish that you move away from people, it's their lack of vision and suport that simply lets you move on without them Wink

Al x
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am

Hi Al,
    Good article mate it does strike a chord with me. When i get an idea i become 100% commited in making it work often ignoring the obvious easy choices. I just wave at them as they pass me by and continue on my merry way safe in the knowledge that im so determined to succeed.Now i do have a end game but i try and roll with the daily waves of incoming life often allowing myself to drift. I have done this in business and on a personal level with some really interesting results.As bruce so eloquently stated you need to be like water and fill any gap.

Keep them coming mate good stuff

Dave
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm

cracking article Al,
    I think half the trouble is you can waste your life keeping others happy and fighting against life until you drop. By nature people tend to think they should do this, and ought to do that, and what will people think etc.
    I`m happier now at 37 than I`ve ever been and its taken a while but these days I honestly don`t give much thought to bullies or people trying to be funny with me, I just plod on and look after myself and my family.
    When things just slot into place I often think `it can`t be this easy?` but maybe life isn`t supposed to be tough all the time, just here and there when you`re up for a challenge.
    People who want to be your mate when you`re doing well aren`t worth a toss so I`m sure Geoff will be able to sort the good from the bad. The ones who were mates when he worked in a factory or lived on pot noodles are the ones to look out for, not the ones who want to hang round with a successful author and film maker.
    Anyway, loved reading your work and look forward to the next instalment.

keep smiling, take care

Mol
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for the feedback - will have more articles in one form or another very soon. Planning on upping the work rate this year

Take care all - thanks again

Al

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am