The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

5 posters

Ultimate Self Protection seminar - request.

Ultimate Self Protection seminar - request. Empty Ultimate Self Protection seminar - request.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey guys and ladies of course Very Happy

I have just spoken to the venue and a place has been reserved for tea and coffee on the day. one small snag....

I have just been told their water urn is on the fritz. I have been told that if we wish to bring one it must be pap tested recently within the last 3 months or so.

Does anyone use one, may have one spare to bring up for the day so we can get a nice hot brew under way for everyone attending.

This way it still keeps the tea and coffee we are providing free of charge.

Any ideas on this greatly appreciated, as the only other option we have is to buy it from the place on the day and as we only have half hour dinner break id prefer to let people be able to brew their own as it saves time.

Any thoughts and help appreciated guys. ps, please remember there are 100 people attending so we need to make sure it accommodates as best we can.

Sorry for any inconvenience as I have only just been informed.

Craig
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Ultimate Self Protection seminar - request. Empty Re: Ultimate Self Protection seminar - request.

Post by Al Peasland Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 am

Hi All

Not sure if we've already requested this but I have one more small favour to ask.

As we have a rather large group of people attending now - we are going to be quite short of focus mits.
    If anyone has their own focus mits or perhaps several pairs from their own club and would be kind enough to bring them, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks all - See you all on Saturday

cheers
    kaarl
    kaarl

Ultimate Self Protection seminar - request. Empty Re: Ultimate Self Protection seminar - request.

Post by kaarl Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:50 pm

hi AL,
    i will bring a few sets with me,

im just checking that there isnt a kit list as far as i know its just focus pads and gloves(if needed) is that all thats needed?

cheers
    karl
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Kaarl

Nice one mate - thanks for that

Yes - as far as I'm concerned, all people need to bring is some bag gloves/mits and hopefully there will be enough focus mits to go around

I'm not sure exactly what the other guys are teaching - but I wouldn't think we'd need anything more than that

Thanks again mate - much appreciated

Al

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks Karl

See you guys sunday
    Ill have a couple of pairs with me also,
    so bring what you have and it will go a long way to helping out.

Cheers mate
    see you all saturday Very Happy

Craig
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Al Peasland wrote:Hi Kaarl

Nice one mate - thanks for that

Yes - as far as I'm concerned, all people need to bring is some bag gloves/mits and hopefully there will be enough focus mits to go around

I'm not sure exactly what the other guys are teaching - but I wouldn't think we'd need anything more than that

Thanks again mate - much appreciated

Al

hi AL,

i just wanted to ask about the restrictive punching,if you dont punch is it ok to do the restictive striking with the openhand? i noticed on one of Geoff's masterclass's there was people using what suited them,just a thought

thanks
    karl

if not i better strap up my limp wrists accident

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Hey mate

speaking from experience, having done all this training, people have used whatever suits, I usually drill both, punches and open hand. so I have a good pre empt with either. I like open hand but also love a nice right cross also.

Drill whatever you are going to use mate,
    what I would say is give a try to both just so you get a feel for the angles and see how an open hand will differ from a cross / hook etc.
    then use whatever works for you.

Craig
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 pm

[/quote]Drill whatever you are going to use mate[quote]

sounds good to me thumbsup
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi Kaarl

Most of my section will cover restrictive "training".
    I don't want to steal my own thunder with the session, but yes - it doesn't really matter what technique you're using.
    There are other reasons for using restriction in your training - but I'll save my philosophical analysis for the seminar Wink

Cheers mate - see you Saturday

Al
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 pm

thanks AL,

I'm really looking forward this, see you guys Saturday
    Saint-Soldier
    Saint-Soldier

Post by Saint-Soldier Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 am

Just booked my place for the seminar today. I can't wait, looks like its going to be a good one! See you guys there
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:07 am

I`ve got spare gloves too and a set of focus pads, if I can round up anything worth having from mates I`ll bag them up and bring them along.

see you saturday

Mol
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:50 am

Kick shields people...bring kick shields...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm