The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+2
Mick Tully
Al Peasland
6 posters

What's Your Animal Day?................... New article

Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

What's Your Animal Day?................... New article Empty What's Your Animal Day?................... New article

Post by Al Peasland Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi All

Just a quickie to let you know there is a new article on my website

http://www.completeselfprotection.com/articles.html

More to follow soon Wink

Al x

ps:
    Self Protection begins with the "Self"
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

What's Your Animal Day?................... New article Empty Re: What's Your Animal Day?................... New article

Post by Mick Tully Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Enlightening as ever mate
    great article
    mick x
    Tim Coppin
    Tim Coppin

What's Your Animal Day?................... New article Empty Re: What's Your Animal Day?................... New article

Post by Tim Coppin Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Spot on. Great topic that should be on everyones agenda.

Nice work Al.
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Thank guys

Appreciate the feedback

Wink
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi Al, Just one question!!! So how do you get blood out of a gi!!! hopefully i wont need to know but just in case!!! lol! thanks
    Saint-Soldier
    Saint-Soldier

Post by Saint-Soldier Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 pm

A very inspirational article mate, keep up the good work.

When I was at Uni I used to be the president of the Sikh society, sometimes I had to stand up in front of 200 people and deliver a speech, which I could do confidently. HOWEVER, when it comes to job interviews I shit myself, even to the extent where I've just not turned up to the interview...I think thats my Animal Day.

A bit off topic, but something that I would like to mention. I remember when I first watched Geoff's Animal Day DVD and where the camera was going around and asking everyone how they were feeling. I remember Alan saying 'no not really nervous, it's just another Animal Day. I thought to myself f*****g hell that guys got balls!
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Esther

Some secrets are best kept with the experts I'm afraid.
    Might let you in on it when I get my book review Laughing

Hi Saint

Thanks for the feedback my friend.
    I can relate exactly to what you are saying. It's funny how the things that are one persons Animal Day are anothers favourite thing to do.

It's refreshing to be aware of that because it then stops you judging others who are maybe having a hard time dealing with something that you would take in your stride.
    Everyone's got their Animal Day - the real message is getting out there and confronting it - not avoiding it.

Geoff talks alot about Difficult-Easy and Difficult-Difficult
    What he means by that is, all to often we as individuals will do things that we know appear difficult and brave to the vast majority, but actually to us, they are easy. So whilst we can outwardly appear to be conquering our fears and showing great courage, we are actually just following our own easy path.

Difficult-Difficult is where we should be placing ourselves - things that are difficult for us - that's where the growth is

Funny you should recall the TV interview for the Animal Day video.
    Yes, I was still very nervous. For me that was my way of practicing handling the fear so that I didn't even show it in my voice as well as my body language. A skill that came in very handy years later on the door Laughing

But it is probably true that, by that point, Animal Days were becoming more familiar to me and it had perhaps lost that "edge" that it was really great for in the early days.

Thanks again for the feedback all - more like this to come very soon

Al x
    PaulH
    PaulH

Post by PaulH Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Excellent read Al and absolutely spot-on.

Hope the weekend goes well for you guys - sorry I can't make it.

Hope to see you and Mr.Tully on Tuesday Cool
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks mate - much appreciated

See you next week Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 am