The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

hello everyone-womens/childrens self defence advice please

charley

hello everyone-womens/childrens self defence advice please Empty hello everyone-womens/childrens self defence advice please

Post by charley Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:13 pm

hello
    could anyone please advise me on this;
    My main passion is teaching womens and childrens self defence. Smile
    I have not followed any one single coures or module and have gathered a bit here and there.
    I have seen some which i thought were so way off the line I had to quit because I thought what was taught could get someone hurt. Shocked
    These seminar taught ladys reverse punches, side kicks and had no lessons on anti- surveillance/awareness/home safety, etc.
    in a nutshell they taught cure with naff teacnhquies, I prefer avoidance.These ladys actually thought they left with soem abiltys I Question really would question.
    When teaching ladys I have been called " hardcore" because I talk about getting inside rapists heads and talking about case historys.
    Anyway, can anyone please reccomend some good DVD's seminars,books or just give me some good tips.
    Specificly- how long should one aim for per day/per course( i find 3 hours for 2 days )
    what subjects should I include? ( I try and teach home safetly, danger signs, tricks, anti-surveillance,weapins at hand,lie detection, self-analysis,etc
    and does anyone know anyone who may like to join me on my "roadtrips" teaching this ( for free)to womans/childrens organisations in and thailand and SE asia.
    it So rewarding Smile
    thanks
    angel
    drgndrew
    drgndrew

hello everyone-womens/childrens self defence advice please Empty Re: hello everyone-womens/childrens self defence advice please

Post by drgndrew Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 pm

G'day Charley,

I highly recommend Senshido's "Women's Rape prevention DVD's available from the folowing website
    http://www.senshido.com/sshp1_1.html

2 DVD SET: # 7 & # 8 - (Over 4 hours of instruction!) Senshido's Women's Rape Prevention Program.

Finally on video, learn the only personal protection program specifically designed for women recommended by both the CLSC and the Montreal Sexual Assault Center. This 2 DVD series contains life saving information including: Belief Systems, Fear management strategies, The psychology of an attacker, Avoidance and safety strategies, Surviving Violent Confrontations, Verbal Abuse, Developing a Survivor's Mentality, Sexual harassment, Verbal Defusing and De-escalating strategies Also Includes: Bear Hugs, Tackles, Hair Pulls, Gun and Knife Defense, Pinned to the Ground, Rope Strangulations AND full contact scenarios with mock attackers! + Much, much more! Also Highly recommended for men!

ONLY $80 CDN -CANNOT BE SOLD SEPARATELY.
    charley

hello everyone-womens/childrens self defence advice please Empty Re: hello everyone-womens/childrens self defence advice please

Post by charley Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 pm

thanks very much- thats one I do have and its great
    I am having trouble contacting him
    does he still run seminars?
    what do people here think of the FAST defence system
    I quite like the womans street combat DVD with kimber johnston( a very brave lady)
    I got a really good DVD on counter surveillance by a man called adrian radford this week too.
    I also have ;
    The jim wagner ones
    The bill kipp ones
    The paul vunak ones
    and Doctor Ruthless,Melissa soalt( really good)
    and some aweful ones
    I am looking forward to the lee morrioson ones to arrive as they seem really good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 am