The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

everybody please read

Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

everybody please read Empty everybody please read

Post by Peter Skillen Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:33 am

there is an email and text in circulation regarding an incident that happened at asda in fosse park retail centre in leicester where a couple of men were asking shoppers to smell a perfume on a piece of paper/tester sheet. The women smelt it then woke an hour later in her car with all her belongings gone. The perfume sellers were also gone and the lady was apparently drugged followed and robbed. Thats what the email warns of. True or urban legend , urban legend i am sure just tonight my mrs got a text about it so did two of her friends and my sister. so maybe you should warn the women in your lives of this just in case.(but i doubt it is true)
    drgndrew
    drgndrew

everybody please read Empty Re: everybody please read

Post by drgndrew Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 am

logic tells me it's crap mate.

Any substance that can render a person unconscious from a sniff is going to result in the person handling it feeling the effects too unless they are wearing rubber cloves and a mask (which would start alarm bells anyway).
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 am

Already known to be a fake - toxicologists cannot think of a substance that could render someone unconscious from such a brief sniff

The snopes website has alot more info on this and how this warning email started

Having said all that, it's still a good warning in terms of general awareness at vulnerable places such as petrol stations and service stations, car parks, etc.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/perfume.asp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm