The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

intro: Nick Engelen

Nick Engelen

intro: Nick Engelen Empty intro: Nick Engelen

Post by Nick Engelen Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:44 am

Hi,

My name is Nick Engelen, I am 29 years old and will soon (in December 2008) be 30 Smile

My martial arts background started when I was about 7 years old after seeing Bruce Lee's Way of the dragon with judo. Then at 17 I started aikido which is still my main art which I praciced for 12 years. After reading the Paladin version of Geoff's Dead or alive and many books by Peyton Quinn and Marc Mac Young I started to study the more street orriented application of the martial arts. First from books, then by email corrsepondance. Then I traveled over to the UK to attend the Geoff Thompson and Peter Consterdine seminar. This was the first of many travels to train under Geoff and Peter, Dennis Martin, John Skillen, Karl Tanswell, Lee Morrison, Dave Turton, Mick Coup, Bob Spour, Marc Mac Young Bob Orlando Fred Perrin and Richard Dimitri.
    I currently got into Geoff's masterclasses where I had the opportunity to train alongside UK's tallented martial artists like Iain Abernethy, Tony Terranova, Richard Yeoman, Alan Peasland, Peter Skillen, Rob Howden, Richard Barnes and Craig Galvin to name a few.

I look forward to read the posts here and to participate wherever I can.

Kind Regards,

Nick Engelen

intro: Nick Engelen Empty Hi Nick

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:02 am

Welcome Aboard mate,
    its great to have you here, you are the first of many. and I look forward to reading some of your fantastic stories and tales of training. not to mention the wisdom that you impart.

cheers cheers

Craig