The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

5 posters

Who's used these for real?

madfrank

Who's used these for real? Empty Who's used these for real?

Post by madfrank Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi

I was reading a Self Protection book by a respected Guy in this area and it included the usual; Ear clap, Eye gouge, clavical Break, Knee Break, Bite the face, Groin pull etc.

And wondered how many people have actually done these moves.

I've gouged a couple of guys, with mixed results.

Has anyone broke a clavical as it's always said to be easy to do, which implies it's been done a few times?

I hope this doesn't spouind like troll post.

Just want to know the facts behind the moves, and if they've been tested.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Who's used these for real? Empty Re: Who's used these for real?

Post by Griffin Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi mad...

I've gouged an eye once... Seemed effective... Also attempted a knee break a couple of times (I say attempted as once it didn't break the targets knee, but he still went down and didn't seem in any hurry to come after me..)
    As for the clavical... I had mine broken and God it hurt!
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Mad Frank

I've gouged eyes - not out but down to the first knuckle - didn't stop the fight but certainly distracted and allowed me to get other stuff going

Never bitten face, but have bitten through jeans into a guys leg - again didn't stop the fight though! - finished it with a knockout punch whilst on the ground!

Have kicked knees - pretty sure it didn't break but he went down

Don't recall clapping ears deliberately but certainly had lots of success with slaps to the face/jaw

Won't go into the rest - too boring

All this stuff is back-up system if you ask me - first and foremost must be to hit-first with a good knockout shot. This stuff, like biting and gouging, kicks in if that fails or the poo has already hit the fan and you're already in the fight!

Of course - it goes without saying that none of this is necessary if you practice the best techniques of all - the "soft skills" ;-)
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:23 pm

I bit the end of someone's nose of once... It came off very easy and stopped the fight very quickly, i think he could of carried on but he later told me the pain was so intense he couldn't he lost heart very very quickly. I also bitten a lad on the bollocks when he had me in a had lock with his legs That stopped the fight long enough for me to get up and stamp him out cold. Bites are extremely painful but come with risks of catching lots of nasty diseases but when your in a pickle they are great for grabbing a few seconds to get back on top of the fight. I have kicked to the knee a few times and it has stopped them every time especially when they are running at you, a good side kick to the knee is a great stopper. Slapping drops em like shit if it is a pre empt shot i was taken to court for a slap that dropped the lad like a stone and perforated his ear drum causing permanent damage. I have also gouged eyes but it never stopped a fight but the after effects are massive swelling and makes the person look like he has been in a fight with king kong. as for the groin pull I haven't tried that but have seen someone literally grabbed by the bollocks and lifted up and held against the wall and throat believe me the screams sounded like a teenager at a beatles concert...
    PJ

Post by PJ Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:59 am

Have used the ancient,'thumb in eye' technique, mid fight not as a preempt or 'long gouge' set up as Mick Coup describes. Worked well enough to make the guy turn his head away then I could get behind him and choke/strangle him.
    Double clap to ears, just came up mid fight again. Guys eyes rolled back and his knees buckled and he started to go down. Before I could follow up his friend dragged him away. Luckily for me they both didn't jump on me or I would have been struggling.
    Definitely not what I would use as a preemptive shot.

Clavicle breaks and knee breaks, never used.

Al Peasland wrote:

Don't recall clapping ears deliberately but certainly had lots of success with slaps to the face/jaw

)

When you have used the slaps to face and jaw Al have you used them as a preempt and do you target the jaw with the heel of the palm or use the whole hand?
    Thanks
    PJ

Post by PJ Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Nice description of the preemptive slap Peter
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am

Hi PJ

I always go for the knock-out whenever possible.
    So when I slap, my main aim is to still go for the shaking of the brain - a concussive shot rather than anything else.

Therefore, I always aim to hit with my palm and not the cup of my hand. And the target is as always, the jawline, somewhere in the middle or towards the chin-end.

Having said that, in the heat of the moment - just to get any part of your hand on any part of their jaw is a good result Laughing

Lots of schools of thought on how slas can cause knock-outs, such as mass pain spread over a large sensitive area by spreading your hand and fingers and slapping the entire side of the face or neck.
    Cupping your hand and aiming for the ear to upset balance, etc

But for me, I always go for knock-out so it's palm to the jaw - explosively and heavy.
    PJ

Post by PJ Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:49 am

Thanks for the reply Al
    Yes, the heel of the palm to the jaw sounds, when slapping, like a higher percentage shot re getting a knockout although as you said, in the heat of a confrontation you take anything you can get.
    I believe,(after viewing a couple of youtube clips), Dennis Jones advocates this method too.
    Cheers,
    PJ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:27 pm