The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

My turn to say Hi

Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

My turn to say Hi Empty My turn to say Hi

Post by Al Peasland Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Well, I think it's about time I said Hi, so here goes.

I'm Al Peasland and have great pleasure in taking up the mantel as Moderator and Admin on this new forum - which looks set to be a great forum for Martial Artists, and non-Martial Artists alike.

My background is very much if not entirely the Geoff Thompson - Real Combat System, having started training in Shotokan Karate at Geoff’s club in Coventry at the age of 12 – for those of you who don’t know me, that was 10 years ago, for those of you who do – it was more like 22.

My art then moved on through the array of styles and ranges that were introduced into the club as Geoff’s search for a complete system continued. Both by studying these arts independently and also merging them into the one system, the Real Combat System was born.

Having trained and qualified in various arts including, 4th Dan BCA Instructor, 3rd Dan Karate, Greco and Freestyle Wrestling Coach, ABA Boxing Coach, 1st Dan Sambo, all by the age of 22, I already had quite a full CV as my career as a Nightclub Doorman took off.
    I spent roughly 7 years working the door, culminating in working 5 nights per week and running my own team of doormen at, amongst others, a popular club called Scholars in Coventry.

I have to admit, the good times far outweighed the bad and like to think I got out of the job while I still had my good looks (well – maybe I left it a little bit too late for that perhaps). But there was still ample supply of opportunity to pressure test my own techniques and really find out what worked and what didn’t.

What got me through these tough times can all be accredited back to the honest and very real training we did on a daily basis with some of the most capable martial artists I’ve had the pleasure, if you consider nose bleeds and KO’s pleasurable, to train with.

I'm now teaching my own www.CompleteSelfProtection.com system which includes all of the arts I've trained in along with lots of Real Self Defence tuition. I also teach on seminars for all manner of clients offering coaching in fear and conflict management, threat awareness and assessment, pre-emptive striking and 3 second fighting.

There - thats my advert out of the way - sorry for being so cheeky - I have a feeling the moderators may block me before we've even started. Very Happy

I'd just like to say to anyone posting or simply viewing this site - Welcome.
    This forum will only be as good as the input we receive from the guests and members - so feel free to post, keep it clean, above all keep it fun!

Take care

AL cheers

My turn to say Hi Empty Re: My turn to say Hi

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Hey Al

Welcome on board mate, its a pleasure to have you here.
    I am sure we will get some good times from this forum as we already have some quality members on here and more on the way.

glad to have you on here.

Catch ya soon mate
    Craig
    bounce
    Nick Engelen

Post by Nick Engelen Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi Al,
    welcome

Maybe it's a good idea to put the MAI interview online here.

Kind Regards;

Nick Engelen
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:41 pm

thats probably a good idea Nick.
    perhaps Al could post it as a sticky thread in his Q&A section?

oh, and welcome Al. glad to have you on board mate Very Happy

Last edited by Rick on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : told ya once, im stupid, what more do ya want!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:10 am