The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

DISASTER!! im a zoom airlines customer!!!!

esther
    esther

DISASTER!! im a zoom airlines customer!!!! Empty DISASTER!! im a zoom airlines customer!!!!

Post by esther Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:17 pm

AAAAAAaaaaagh, I cant believe it.On my way home from badminton last night, i get a text from my boyfriend.Zoom airlines have gone in to administration.My heart drops.I just started to pack my suitcase tonight.Oh no what are we gonna do.We are going to Canada for 3 weeks on beginning september.Dream holiday.Lots of panicky emails to boyfriends dad in canada,many phonecalls.Awful nights sleep, bad day at work waiting for info to come through,which is hard as they are about 9 hrs or so different to us.Worrying if b/friends dad gonna get his money back, (we paid him and he sorted booking out.)Things are now looking up, got last 2 seats on a BA flight for the same holiday time.Lucky cos my work were awkward to allow this time off let alone changing it.Im feeling slightly more relieved now, only thing is im nearly bold after pulling my hair almost all out!!!What nightmare. Sad
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

DISASTER!! im a zoom airlines customer!!!! Empty Re: DISASTER!! im a zoom airlines customer!!!!

Post by Al Peasland Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:09 am

The whole thing sounds terrible for alot of people, especially those who are stranded away from home.

Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

On the bright side, the headaches up front will help make the holiday all that more special. Kind of the price to pay for a big reward - so hope you have a great time.

Everything's for a reason - so maybe this pain is to remind you just how important the holiday is for you.

Have fun - all the same - I'm going to camp in my back garden just to be on the safe side

cheers
    Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

DISASTER!! im a zoom airlines customer!!!! Empty Re: DISASTER!! im a zoom airlines customer!!!!

Post by Tony Terranova Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 am

Hi Esther,

It will all work out - I travel on a regular basis all over the world and this stuff happens - I was stranded in China once for 2 days because the polution was so bad that no aircraft could take off or land. I find it helps if you combine tenacity in getting it all sorted (another flight) together with just accepting whatever outcome occurrs.

Good luck
    Tony. T
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:26 am

Hi guys, just found out that not only did we get the last two seats on a british airways plane, that we are also going from the dreaded Terminal 5 at heathrow, and these tickets cost an extra £700 for the both of us!!!! I understand now why some people dont fly anywhere.Its my first for 6 years!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 pm