The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+12
Tim Coppin
R. Pepper
Horioni
Abnett
Jon
Tony Terranova
Lee Morrison
Stuart Rider
Nick
Mick Tully
jimmyfatwing
Al Peasland
16 posters

NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives

Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives Empty NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives

Post by Al Peasland Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:54 pm

SELF PROTECTION and COMBATIVES SEMINAR
    Sunday 7th December 2008

Hosted by Lee Morrison's Urban Combatives
    http://www.urbancombatives.com/

In the UK we are most fortunate to have a huge array of some of the best resident Self Protection and Combative instructors in the world. Many of these guys are well established veterans, such as Geoff Thompson, Dave Turton, Kevin O’Hagan, Jamie O’Keefe, Dennis Martin, Peter Consterdine, Mick Coup and Alan Charlton to name just a few; the list goes on and on. In addition to some of these guys, we are also fortunate to have a vast array of up and coming New-Blood instructors whose training lineage and personal experience, qualify them as the current vogue of new world realists within the realms of Self Protection and concepts of Personal Security.

NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives Newblo10

Now for the first time, in one place, UC Services will be hosting a 5 hour seminar at one of Southampton’s most popular sporting venues, introducing four such individuals. The idea will incorporate four relatively new and up and coming as well as, already established Self Protection & Combatives Instructors; with the idea of generating exposure and profile for each, whilst offering a unique opportunity to train with some of the best New Breed Instructors that Britain has currently on offer.

Names on the bill include

Alan Peasland, Simon Squires, Chris Turbull and Lee Morrison: The latter will be both teaching, as well as introducing several of his most experienced instructors; all of who represent one part of the bill, leaving three other instructors making up the rest of the compilation for the day. These include Alan Peasland (one of Geoff Thompson’s most experienced seniors) along with a product of Dennis Martin’s CQB Services Instructor’s; Simon Squires (who is my professional opinion, one of the best Combative Instructors for teaching within the realms of non-compliant scenario and stress test training that Europe has ever seen) the final part of this medley is Chris Turnbull of outcoldfightclub.org the one area that I am concerned with, relating to Chris’s work focuses on the aspect and use of verbalisation in conjunction with situational control during a potentially violent confrontation, along with cultivating the projection of violent intent, (within this area, Chris certainly has something significant to teach, born from his live experience of working seventeen years as a nightclub doorman)

Dynamics

All seminar participants will be divided into four groups of approximate numbers between the four instructor groups. Each instructor will teach their respective group; for a duration of a 70 minute class, followed by a 15 minute break. From where each group will continue to rotate among the four instructors; with the said 15 minute break after each 70 minute class until all groups have had exposure and training time with all four instructors.

Cost & Venue

The cost for seminar entry is £75 for the days training and includes an event T-shirt for each student. Entry fee will include refreshments and light snacks throughout the day. Entry is dependant on reserving a place before the seminar date along with specification of T-shirt size. Places are limited; so please try to secure your place before hand via a £20 deposit. This event will be held at St.Mary’s Leisure Centre, St.Mary’s road, Southampton, Hampshire from 10.00am to 3pm.

Trade Stand

A trade stand will be available on the day for DVD’S & Books representing each instructor’s material at discount seminar prices. This event will be professionally photographed and reviewed, in addition to being videoed for future production.

To reserve your place, please contact Lee Morrison at http://www.urbancombatives.com/
    jimmyfatwing
    jimmyfatwing

NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives Empty Re: NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives

Post by jimmyfatwing Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Looks like a cracking day - the two on the list I know are awesome and worth the money alone! Off to check the diary Wink
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives Empty Re: NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives

Post by Al Peasland Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 am

Nice one Jimmy.

Please pass htis on to as many friends as you can - we need to guarantee a certain number of attendees to break even on the costs, so the more the merrier.

Cheers mate

Al

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Looking forward to this one, hope you can all understand my accent by the way.
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:28 am

Cannot wait guys!
    Mick x
    Nick
    Nick

Post by Nick Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:50 am

Wish i was back in the UK...
    fucking fantatsic line up, all the best with it lads.
    You should'nt miss this if your in the UK.
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Just a note to add, whilst I am on this line up, I will be joined by Mick and hopefully Louis, so it should be a really good day.

Take care all

Al Wink
    Stuart Rider
    Stuart Rider

Post by Stuart Rider Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Seems like my lat post went missing.
    Am interested in attending this session, easy enough to fly from Edinburgh to Southampton but does anybody know of any cheapish hotels or the like near the venue?

Thanks
    Stuart
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi Stuart,
    there are plenty of very nice B&B's local to the event, looking at about £30 a night for bed and full English breakfast, would be happy to book you somewhere if you fancy coming over for this event. I know it will be a classic.
    Cheers Lee
    Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

Post by Tony Terranova Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 pm

This is a total self protection system semminar by great instructors - sorry I cannot be there as I am one of Bob Spour's courses on the 7th - however I will get a link added to our website to promote it and will also mention it at our club - good luck to you all it will be a great day - capture it on DVD and do a post semminar global sale that serves to prove the UK has its own share of top instructors - the likes of black belt magazine in the USA and other international publications I am sure would love to advertise this stuff on your behalf.."Young Blood Reality Training"
    Tony. T
    Jon
    Jon

Post by Jon Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Myself and Rob are heading over from Ireland for this, really looking forward to it.
    Stuart Rider
    Stuart Rider

Post by Stuart Rider Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi Lee

Thanks for the offer mate. Soon as i can confirm i can make it i shall let you know.

Cheers
    Stuart
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi Jon, Rob,

Look forward to seeing you over here on the seminar and thanks for the support.

Tony T,
    Many thanks for the support with the promotion for the event, it's much appreciated.

Sorry all for lack of input the past week, been taking a much needed rest out of the country.

Hope I haven't missed too much Laughing
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:24 pm

If i've found a job in the next few weeks i'll definately be making the journey down from newcastle for it as i'll have the money spare. 5 hours of training though.........niiiiiice Very Happy
    Jon
    Jon

Post by Jon Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi Al,
    Lee speaks highly of you mate, so looking forward to your stuff.
    There are now 4 of us heading over. Since Lee's seminar in Ireland just gone I've had a good few interested.

I'll make sure to get a photo with you! Wink
    Horioni
    Horioni

Post by Horioni Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:56 pm

HI Folks,

Jon have you booked any B n B's yet or do you have any addresses?
    As i will be going over to the seminar for sure, and will drag a few more
    Irish bodies along if i can ; )

Dave H
    Jon
    Jon

Post by Jon Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Dave,
    Nothing solid as yet. Rob has a few places where he usually hangs his hat when he's over there. I'll be speaking to him in the next day or so and we can all pitch in together.
    If Lee has time also we can do some private training with him on the Saturday.

I'll be in touch mate
    Jon
    R. Pepper

Post by R. Pepper Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:18 am

Hey chaps,

Sounds like a plan - Should be a good one!

Rob.
    Tim Coppin
    Tim Coppin

Post by Tim Coppin Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:05 am

Sounds like a great day. Sorry i cant make it as Tony said we are both on Bob's No doubt No Fear course.

Best of luck guys, look forward to the next one.

Tim
    Horioni
    Horioni

Post by Horioni Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Nice one Rob!

Cheers

Dave
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi guys,
    just a heads up for anyone interested in coming to this seminar. You can obtain a ticket via the paypal link on my website. Alternatively we are offering a group discount, when ordering 5 or more tickets; at £60 for the day, this includes event T-shirt (please specify size) 5 hours of quality instruction from 4 instructors, handout material for the day, refreshments and light snacks will be supplied throughout the day. Anyone interested in purchasing a ticket or taking advantage of the group discount, then I suggest you book early to avoid disappointment, as places will be limited. Please order online via www.urbancombatives.com or e-mail me at lee@urbancombatives.com for an address to book at discount rate via cheque or postal order. Please note that there will be a trade stand with seminar discount rate on merchandise from all instructors teaching on the day and this event will be filmed for future presentation and review. Hope you can make.
    Lee M Very Happy
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi guys,
    I just need to give you an update regarding the Newblood seminar on the 7th Dec; one of the candidates for this event, Chris Turnbull has suddenly decided to pull out due to unfortunate circumstances beyond his control; so we are currently seeking a replacement for him. There were a fair few names in the pot for this event right from the beginning, at present we are looking to get John Skillen as one of several possibilties. John has bags of real-world experience and is an excellent instructor, although like many newblood guys, there are many guys and girls out there who may be unfamiliar with John's take on the whole reality based scene, so this is an excellent opportunity for all concerned to sample John's street effective method. I will post again over the next couple of days to confirm for sure who will be coming on board. Rest assured this event will be a cracker. Smile
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi guys,
    here is the update, details of content to follow but the 4th man replacement for Chris Turnbull is none other than John "Awesome" Anderson of watch my back fame. John is an absolute veteran of the door and a very seasoned street fighter/boxer/grappler and a gentleman to boot. John was at the top of my New Blood list, but I never thought I'd be lucky enough to get him. I'm very glad to say that he is now on board; this event is going to be top notch....
    Peace
    Lee Morrison

Post by Lee Morrison Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 am

Hi guys,
    So far for this bill we now have myself and my own group of UC instructors, along with Al Peasland assisted by Mick Tully, along with Si Squires and a couple of the Liverpool gutterfighters group, along with John "Awesome" Anderson assisted by the gifted Matty Evans; so all in all there is a huge well of knowledge to absorb from. That being the case I suggest anyone wanting to come get in their deposit sharpish, now as places are filling up and there will be a limit on numbers.
    Very Happy
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:26 pm

SELF PROTECTION and COMBATIVES SEMINAR
    Sunday 7th December 2008

Hosted by Lee Morrison's Urban Combatives
    http://www.urbancombatives.com/

The Line-up for this seminar has now changed.

We are now excited to announce that we will be joined by the legendary John Anderson, accompanied by Matty Evans.

There are places still available but you will need to book quickly to ensure your place.

NEW BLOOD Seminar - Hosted by Urban Combatives New-bl10

Cost & Venue

The cost for seminar entry is £75 for the days training and includes an event T-shirt for each student. Entry fee will include refreshments and light snacks throughout the day. Entry is dependant on reserving a place before the seminar date along with specification of T-shirt size. Places are limited; so please try to secure your place before hand via a £20 deposit. This event will be held at St.Mary’s Leisure Centre, St.Mary’s road, Southampton, Hampshire from 10.00am to 3pm.

Trade Stand

A trade stand will be available on the day for DVD’S & Books representing each instructor’s material at discount seminar prices. This event will be professionally photographed and reviewed, in addition to being videoed for future production.

To reserve your place, please contact Lee Morrison at http://www.urbancombatives.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:17 pm