The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

NLP

esther
    esther

NLP Empty NLP

Post by esther Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi Tony, congratulations on becoming a NLP practitioner. cheers
    After the seminar with Bob Spour the other night, im curious to know how you will be able to use it.With teaching classes? or is it something you would use away from the classes. many thanks Very Happy
    Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

NLP Empty Re: NLP

Post by Tony Terranova Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi Esther,

Good question to which the answer is I have already been using in the classes since the first day I started training with Bob 5 months ago.

The great thing about NLP is that it is a very subtle tool as you are working using suggestions to get the subconscious mind working to the student’s advantage. NLP is the art of communication so that you develop good rapport with your students and in doing so you can find about what makes them tick and how to get the best out of them by getting them to feed you information about them and what makes them feel good.

So the specific answer to your question is that I can use it in the class or on a one on one – and so you know Bob used it ON ALL YOU OF ALL NIGHT LAST when he was teaching the FFMA class!

I will give you one example from a week ago without mentioning names:

One student was struggling to put punching combinations together smoothly last week due to some tough personal times and was saying “I can’t get this right tonight I am awful” -

I said “you have done this hundreds of times, just relax and imagine your hands are spears that have been thrown and let your subconscious mind take care of the technique it is all stored in your memory banks just trust yourself” – they did as I said and they immediately improved – but the important point was that I believed in what I said to them and worked with them for a short while to keep the rapport going and their confidence increasing so that they had a much better attitude towards their training -

The NLP is simply about making your own life and others better –

Keep up the good work Esther
    Tony x

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:36 pm