The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

Hiya

Aasim

Hiya Empty Hiya

Post by Aasim Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Aasim and I'm passionate about realistic self-defense. I like the look of the forum guys, nice job.

I live in London, I currently teach and train in a style of Krav Maga called Urban Krav Maga. Given that name to emphasize the fact it is nothing to do with any military organisation, and that it addresses the kinds of self protection scenarios faced by people in the cities of today. Just had to get that out of the way as people do tend to assume certain things when they hear Krav mentioned.

I've trained in various styles of karate over the years, in atemi jitsu, aikido and some MMA. I have also in the past trained and qualified as an instructor in other Krav Maga styles.

Oh, a sometimes useful qualification I have is a PhD in Biomechanics. I'm a bit embarrased about that one as it makes me sounds like a geek but I find it useful when teaching and thinking about ways to improve techniques.

I don't know too many of you guys here (except by reputation) but I have had the pleasure of training at one of Lee Morrison's end of month sessions ... which was excellent by the way (I was the big Asian guy with the baldy head). Hopefully when my calander is more free I'll check out some of Alban's classes in Bethnal Green and make a trek to Southampton again too. I've got some of Bob Spour's books and DVDs ... I love the combat clinch work series, very good stuff. So I'm glad to see such high calibre guys here and look forward to learning from you guys and maybe ocasionally contributing if I know enough about a topic.

Cheers,

Aasim

Hiya Empty Re: Hiya

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:12 pm

Hey Assim

Welcome aboard mate, nice to have you here
    Dont be ashamed about the PhD mate, I bet it comes in handy
    doing self defence and martial arts is a great way to incorporate it and can only improve on aspects of teaching especially for power generation itself.

I look forward to some positive input mate

Craig
    Very Happy
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:05 am

hi mate
    welcome to the party! x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content