The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+5
Luke Mannion
Peter Skillen
Tony Terranova
9 posters

EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR

Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR Empty EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR

Post by Tony Terranova Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:28 pm

SDF forum members have been invited to participate in the next APPROACH Seminar in Birmingham. This 4 hour seminar will take you step by step through the main principles of THE APPROACH.

Come and train in this heavy hitting self protection concept that is getting rave reviews from Martial Artists and Law Enforcement Personnel all over the world.

Participants who show that they have the required attitude to learning will be invited to take part in THE- APPROACH instructor’s programme.

• Venue: Shelly Farm Community Centre, Farmhouse Way, Monkspath, Solihull. B90 4EH
    • Date: April 26th 2009
    • Time: 2.00pm - 6.00pm
    • Cost: £40 (and £30 with this SDF Forum invitation)

Places must be pre-booked online www.the-approach.com or call Eddie on 07702 307822
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR Empty Re: EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR

Post by Peter Skillen Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:15 pm

ill be there
    esther
    esther

EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR Empty Re: EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR

Post by esther Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Me too.I think we are aiming to have a small group there.Should be very exciting. boxing

Post by karma Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:06 am

I went to Eddie's first Approach seminar back in Jan thought it was excellent.And highly recommend it to any who is thinking of going I'll be there for sure compwhack
    Karl
    Luke Mannion
    Luke Mannion

Post by Luke Mannion Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Count me in too, be good to pair up again Karl.
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:25 pm

hope to be there too guys
    just gonna check the diary first
    eddie's approach is amazing and a great introduction to the wealth of knowledge he has to offer.... i cannot recommend him highly enough!
    mick x
    Steve Heneghan
    Steve Heneghan

Post by Steve Heneghan Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:36 am

me too, unbeleivable technique...though Edie did give some personal tuition at Newi and his personal presence and energy is amazing...lookong forward to the seminar,

Post by karma Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:56 am

Luke right on!! That would be great ,perhaps if we're lucky we can get Eddie to knock Leon out again Sleep lol!
    I'm off to see if he's coming
    Karl
    Luke Mannion
    Luke Mannion

Post by Luke Mannion Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Lol sounds like a plan mate
    Eddie Quinn

Post by Eddie Quinn Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:17 am

Karl,
    your not being fair, Leon did walk on to the shot!! lol

Thank you all for your kind comments, look forward to seeing you at the seminar.

Best regards,

Eddie
    Eddie Quinn

Post by Eddie Quinn Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Hey Everybody,
    The venue for the next Approach seminar has been changed.
    The venue is now Willclare Sports Centre, Willclare Road, Sheldon, B26 2NX the date and time remain unchanged.
    directions can be found on my website www.the-approach.com

Volumes 4 and 5 of The Approach series will be on sale by the end of the week.

Best regards to all,

Eddie
    Alan Macdonald
    Alan Macdonald

EDDIE QUINN "THE-APPROACH" SEMMINAR Empty Review of Eddie Quinn Approach Seminar.

Post by Alan Macdonald Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:47 am

Review of The Eddie Quinn Approach Seminar
    April 26th 2009
    by Alan Macdonald

Entering a seminar hall has always been the same for me. The hushed voices, the sidelong glances, the slightly nervous smiles on some faces, the almost relieved looks as a face is recognised amongst the invariably rather motley crew of would-be pugilists and the expectant buzz that portends the education to come.

Sunday 26th April was no different. A tucked away sports centre in Birmingham was the venue and this time the education was different – this time we were here to be introduced to ‘The Approach’ – the brainchild of Muay Thai guru and accomplished martial artist and teacher, Eddie Quinn. Eddie, with some twenty four years of passionate involvement in martial arts after a near-fatal stabbing caused him to take it up, is a larger than life character with an irreverent turn of phrase that could make a female docker blanch but at the same time inoffensively charm them into a ball gown. His style of teaching is forthright and no-nonsense with a refreshing honesty that demands attention and effort and the filled sports hall was hushed as he embarked on what was to be a four-hour feast.

The Approach is an innovative and effective style of self-defence, a paradox in itself, as the would-be victim very much seizes the initiative. The beauty of Eddie’s concept is both the simplicity of the initial movements allied with the endless bolt-on possibilities that technically could ensue. Forward body motion combined with circular strikes all delivered not with fists or feet that could break, but with the forearms marry into a devastating and debilitating nullification of a would-be aggressor. The central hypothesis is that most forms of striking – a punch or kick – end in a full stop as the target is reached. In order to strike again, the weapon used – the fist or foot – has to recommence its journey into motion from a dead stop, costing time and energy to do so. The Approach teaches that, by ‘rounding off’ the strikes, the weapons being used – the forearms - are never at a standstill, thus ensuring both the speed and efficacy of the procedure. From a basic and essentially simple first manoeuvre the flowing nature of the move grants the option of virtually endless options to follow on.

Eddie began by just the basic movement – one arm first, then right and then left, then onto both at the same time before finally bringing the whole body into the flow. He illustrated how it could be taken from almost a Tai Chi action for the purposes of hardwiring the action right up to the ravaging, stunning attack that would raze any assailant to the ground in an instant. Impressive indeed to see Eddie in full flow, but there is honesty in the effectiveness of the procedure and it is recognisable and reassuring that you don’t have to have the ability of Bruce Lee to do it well. For many reasons this ensures that it will appeal to not just the man in the street but to police, security forces or protection agencies and the like the world over. It’s a universal language.

The four hours seemed like a half hour, such was Eddie’s flow of passionate and true to life commentary, interspersed with regular comic ribaldry (poor Nigel and Charlie!) and it was time to pack up. I for one was left with more to think about the Arts, a new option or skill, a variant to my way of thinking – the principal could be applied throughout the arts couldn’t it? Eddie Quinn, in his own words, has baked a new cake and is savouring it to the full and I for one came away on Sunday, richer, fuller and more sated for the experience. Taste it, you’ll like it, I promise!

[right][center]

Post by karma Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Nice write up Alan ,it was a pleasure to meet you up there
    All the best
    Karl
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm

great write up alan...and a great seminar eddie
    it was great to see it so well supported and to see a few familiar faces and also to make some new friends....big thanks to the awesome karl price for partnering me and and heres to the next one!
    mick x
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Well said Alan, I think you have said it for us all!!! clap
    Alan Macdonald
    Alan Macdonald

Post by Alan Macdonald Fri May 01, 2009 8:21 pm

Thanks very much guys. Do enjoy puttin verbal rubbish on paper.

It was good to meet you too Karl...until the next one!

Mr Tully, looking forward to when our paths cross again.

Regards

Alan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm