The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

5 posters

Bob Spour Exposed Tomorrow

norfolk in chance

Bob Spour Exposed Tomorrow Empty Bob Spour Exposed Tomorrow

Post by norfolk in chance Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Evening Guys,

I am sure some of you are already aware of this but for those that aren't Bob Spour is going to be exposed in the Sun tomorrow as definitely being non SAS. The Sun have got evidence from The MOD that he was never in the SAS.

What are your opinions of him and what he has done now? Stolen Valour etc. Slagging of people like Andy Mcnab in the papers.

Will he remain a moderator? I look forward to seeing what everyone posts, specifically those who posted on Bobs Q and A when this originally came up defending him.

Thanks guys
    moldeeside

Bob Spour Exposed Tomorrow Empty Re: Bob Spour Exposed Tomorrow

Post by moldeeside Sat May 23, 2009 12:08 am

it`ll be interesting to see what the article says, I think once the facts are out there in front of a couple of million people it would be very hard indeed for bob to pass himself off as an authority on anything ever again. I believe his NLP credentials are genuine as are his muay thai skills so surely he could have done perfectly well in life without inventing his history.

Personal opinion - not knowing Bob - is that anyone lying about military service has got a screw loose and to criticise others who have actually been there and done it is a very poor reflection on him as a man.

This site is all about personal growth, honesty, integrity and earning respect through truth and hard work, to be on here as a moderator and be a complete fraud is very very poor.

I hope it`s a mix up in some way, or there`s some reasonable explanation for it all but if there had been I think Bob himself would have quickly responded to the initial claims.
    Nick Engelen

Post by Nick Engelen Sat May 23, 2009 12:30 am

Slagging McNab off? he merely restated what was already written by authors Michael Asher in the real bravo two zero and eye of the storm by Radcliff the CO of the regiment in iraq at that time.

Bob is here because of his martial arts background and not because his military background.

In a country where celebreties are under constant surveilance of the papparazi the press is the last one I would believe.

Kind Regards,

Nick Engelen
    norfolk in chance

Post by norfolk in chance Sat May 23, 2009 12:52 am

Nick,

He called McNab an arsehole and blamed the whole of Bravo Two Zero on him. I think that is slagging him off. Especially as it has turned out he was never special forces and had no more of an inside track on what happened than you or I. Mcnab who at the the time was the most decorated officer in the British Army.

Whether you like it or not a lot of Bobs success has come off the back of his SAS claims. Hence all the dvds titled SAS secrets etc etc. As opposed to labelling them street self defense by a thai boxing instructor. Rolling Eyes

Regarding believing the paps and tabloids. if they are lying then bob will have a watertight case for suing for defammation, loss of business etc. I think the sun might have considered this and are publishing the story cos they know bob hasnt a leg to stand on.

bob has lied and has now been pulled up for it. accept it nick.
    BillS
    BillS

Post by BillS Sat May 23, 2009 1:32 am

For starters suing for libel etc is out of normal persons reach costwise. Whatever the outcome I would be saddened to see Bob taken off as a moderator because it just proves that bullys can rule everything. Whether Bob was Special forces or not his role as moderator is down to martial arts skills unless of course you are saying that the admin on this site was daft enough to appoint Bob on his SF Skills alone. Finally does anyone on here believe what they read in the newspapers now a days especially the SUN!
    norfolk in chance

Post by norfolk in chance Sat May 23, 2009 1:50 am

im sure plenty of lawyers would do it on a no win no fee basis as there would be substantial sums involved if they won. if bob is ex SAS then its open and shut case.

its not about bob being bullied. its not about bob being on this board cos of his martial art skills or his sf experience. its down to integrity and honesty which bob is shown to be lacking.

why has he still not spoken out about this?

Additionally is that the defence which has been fallen back on? you cant believe what you read in the papers etc etc. sure the sun has better things to do than make up stories about small time martial arts instructors which 99.9% of the country wouldnt have heard of!! not quite as appealing to the masses as the latest celeb story.
    BillS
    BillS

Post by BillS Sat May 23, 2009 2:06 am

I once made the mistake of speaking to a reporter (unknown to me) over a few pints in a pub in Harrow and we got to speaking about the gossip in my hometown which included a well known rugby player and a lesser member of standing in the Aristocratic Family of Great Britain who had left her husband. Next day it was all over the papers and I was told then that the 3 golden rules of Journalism were.
    1. Make it short.
    2. Make it Spicy.
    3. Make it up.

If you find any libel lawyers doing it for a no win no fee basis please publish their contact details.

Peculiar thing about the so called investigators on ARRSE is that they hide behind anonimity (which Mick has already commented on)while blasting Bobs name all over the place. Good thing is they will have to give their details to the press which will allow Bob to find out who they are and then find out if any of them actually served.
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Sat May 23, 2009 2:47 am

Ok looks like we are going down the line of the Bob thing again, seriously I don't see how this is relevant to this forum.

This threads going to be locked before it gets out of hand, anyone opening further threads on this matter will receive a BAN.

Thank you
    Davey

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:48 am