The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

Youtube "trainers"

Abnett
    Abnett

Youtube "trainers" Empty Youtube "trainers"

Post by Abnett Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:29 pm

I've searched through youtube for various tutorials etc over the years and obviously there's alot of crap on there. I've came across this guy who goes under the name chosonNinja and I can't help but respect the guy. His teaching methods are easy to understand, he does not profess to be an expert in any measure, and sure, he's got many critics but they tend to be the uneducated in any arts by the looks of things.

Though i'd share it with you folks and see what you think.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Rppn90brw&feature=user
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Youtube "trainers" Empty Re: Youtube "trainers"

Post by Al Peasland Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:03 pm

I just watched the clip you posted.

First off - I watched without sound (I know - don't ask!), so cannot really comment.

In general though my only issue with what I perceived this type of instruction to be is that it's all about waiting to be attacked.
    Now I know this is only one clip so I would need to review alot more material first.
    In addition, it is always demonstrated with a calmness and relaxed, almost nonchelant attitude from the defender/attackee. As if the defence techniques are so easy and effective that no effort is required. Hummm

Don't get me wrong though. I love all martial arts and as I said, haven't seen enough or in enough detail to give specific comments.

cheers
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:08 pm

There's in excess of 300 hundred vids so far. I'm on about the teaching method, the way the methods are explained. It's because it's relaxed and shown in minute detail i think it's effective as an online delivery platform. There are a few videos showing full combat capabilities. I like the disclaimer he give too!
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Ah, I see what you mean.

Yeah, from the little bit I seen the teaching was good.
    (again - even without sound) Shocked
    Steve Rowe
    Steve Rowe

Post by Steve Rowe Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:43 pm

I certainly wouldn't trust his advice. I've seen a few of his vids and don't see anything I'd trust. If i was under attack whilst seated I'd be getting my feet under my body to power it, tucking my chin in, sinking my chest, opening my back, bringing my hands into a guard and getting the power up through the body into his vulnerable areas to unbalance my attacker as I stood.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am