The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+2
Peter Skillen
Al Peasland
6 posters

BCA Residential Course

Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

BCA Residential Course Empty BCA Residential Course

Post by Al Peasland Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Celebrating 15 years of the British Combat Association

Celebrating 15 years at the very top of the U.K. martial arts scene, the British Combat Association will this year be holding a residential course in November, showcasing the very best exponents of not only practical personal combat, but of traditional systems and how they can be made to work in many spheres of life.

Whether you want to learn how to impact like a train, grapple for competition or combat, understand the psychology of close quarter combat, or how to develop explosive speed in punching and kicking, this course will have it all. This is an opportunity not to miss, to train and mix with some of the U.K's top practitioners.

This will undoubtedly be a one of a kind seminar and seminal moment in the martial arts.

Info courtesy of Iain Abernethy newsletter - advert by Peter Consterdine 8th Dan

RESIDENTIAL COURSE – November 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th

Venue: Lilleshall Hall, National Sports Centre.

The layout of the course will be; enrolling Thursday afternoon, with an introduction in the evening by Geoff and myself and a Q&A session across any topics students need to discuss. Friday is a full day of training sessions and lectures, as is Saturday, and we will have concurrent sessions running, so people will be able to make every session, but in manageable groups.

We will have a ‘bit of a bash' on Saturday evening to celebrate the BCA's 15th Birthday! Sunday morning training (v. light!), will, therefore, be optional, followed by a brunch and away home.

INSTRUCTOR COURSE DISCOUNTS

Any instructor who brings 5 students will get a 50% discount, bring 10 students or more and come FREE – the students have to come for the full course. No discounts are available for the ‘Day' courses. Book now!
    Afternoon registrations followed by an evening "question time" style panel including Peter Consterdine, Geoff Thompson, John Skillen and Iain Abernethy.

TIMETABLE

Friday the 28th of November

A mix of training sessions and seminars taught by the following people:

Peter Consterdine will be covering a range of physical skills and lecture-based topics including fitness for combat and personal security.

Geoff Thompson will concentrate on the skills of restricted striking and grappling from close-range standing scenarios. Geoff will be assisted by Al Peasland.

Iain Abernethy will be looking at the historical development and application of the traditional arts. This will include a number of hands on drills and a look at the advice given to us by the old masters on awareness, pre-emption, the nature of self-defence and heavy drinking.

Mo Teague will be delivering his signature training session; a mini red flag day. In the evening he will hold a lecture on SSTTM: Streetwise Tactics, Techniques, Mindset.

Saturday the 29th of November

Mike Liptrot, one of the UK's leading Judo coaches will be teaching grappling and and throwing principles

Rick Young will be covering in detail the skills needed to cross train across a range of disciplines - no one does it better than Rick!

Kevin O'Hagan is one of the UK's foremost jujutsu instructors and he renowned for his commitment to physically and mentally challenging himself. Kevin will cover a range of combat and martial topics.

John Skillen will be bringing his vast street experience to the course. He will be covering his "pentagon" self-defence system and street effective punching.

There will also be a social on the Saturday night ... and as a result there will be optional very light training on Sunday morning!

You have to agree that an amazing line up and it will be a fantastic weekend's training! It's very reasonably priced too and all the costs and booking details are below. YOU NEED TO ACT QUICKLY IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE THIS OPPORTUNITY AS THE END OF THIS MONTH WILL SEE THE COURSE CLOSE TO ENTRIES. You can come for individual days, but again you need to act quickly if you intend to do that. I know a number of subscribers to these newsletters will be there, but it would be a great to have even more of us there! Could all subscribers who are going please drop me a note and then I'll ensure we get to meet up. Looking forward to seeing you all!

The course will be held from Thursday 27th November to Sunday 30th November and the cost will include all training, accommodation and meals. Lilleshall is one of the finest sports training venues in the U.K.

Deposit £75 per person (balance to be paid by October 30th). Cheques payable to 'BCA'.

Inclusive Cost (BCA Members)…£325 (non-BCA)…£365

Day Rates (Training Only) Friday & Saturday… £85 per day (contact us for details of the daily programmes)

BRITISH COMBAT ASSOCIATION, 12B THE WELLGATE CENTRE, OSSETT, WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE WF5 8NL. Tel: 01924 266016 or 07974 322290 / Email: info@peterconsterdine.com

Follow this link for further details: www.iainabernethy.com/fifteen_years_of_the_BCA.asp
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

BCA Residential Course Empty Re: BCA Residential Course

Post by Peter Skillen Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 pm

I am desperatly tyring to get to this. this will be talked about for years to come. what an awesome line up.
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:46 pm

How experienced do you have to be to attend? is it like for Black belt or equivalent and above?
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:42 am

NO this is for everyone espiecially begginers. You start at this level and you will definely know what to attain to with your training in the future.Get there if you can whatever your level.Thses oppotunities come along once in a life time think of the people this will attract. Not just the instructers but the people attending too.
    oooddles of Knowledge on your own front door step.

Last edited by Peter Skillen on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:58 am

Thats great, I'l book some time off work then.

Will definatly be going, Should of had a few class's at Al's by then what's the queuing like to get a pic with the likes of geoff Thompson Smile
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:05 am

Youll have three days so youll probably wont have to que these people may be at the very top of the tree but when it comes down to things like that they will be more than courtious. I know all of the instructors will be more that happy to have photos with you.
    Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

Post by Tony Terranova Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Al,

I will there together with Alan Macdonald and one of our MMA instructors Mark Collett who will taking his BCA 2nd Dan grade during the course.

It would great spending time with you last week at Bob's course.

All the best mate
    Tony. T
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi Tony,

That's great news mate. Had a brilliant week as well, great to spend time with you.

See you in a few weeks mate - can't wait.

Al
    Steve friel
    Steve friel

Post by Steve friel Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 pm

Just booked up today cann't wait it's going to be a great weekend
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:47 pm

great mate...see you on the saturday
    mick x
    whoops silly me.......you training sunday?
    Steve friel
    Steve friel

Post by Steve friel Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes mate training sunday see you there.
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Yep just booked up for the whole thing, thought I'd have a look at where its being held.
    http://www.leisureconnection.co.uk/centre/3/79/lilleshall_national_sports_centre.html

Bloody hell is that the place??? hmmm looks well posh I'l have to Buy a Tux Smile heh
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Nice one mate

Will be a top few days - you'll be rubbing shoulders with some of the World's best.

And the venue looks amazing - can't wait

;-)
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi All

Just to remind you that we are only a couple of weeks away from this 15 Year Anniversary Seminar.

If you can't make all 3/4 days, you can sign up for just the Friday or Saturday.

Contact Peter Consterdine to reserve your place now.

BRITISH COMBAT ASSOCIATION, 12B THE WELLGATE CENTRE, OSSETT, WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE WF5 8NL. Tel: 01924 266016 or 07974 322290 / Email: info@peterconsterdine.com

Thanks all, look forward to seeing you there.

AL
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:29 am

itinerary??

Think I should bring me own focus mitts and thai pads?
    are these things just the shorts and T-shirt type?

what other stuff you thinks best to bring (money for 3 nights of Drinking)
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi Dave

Great session today by the way - you were working really hard - well done mate

Yeah, just shorts/trackies and t-shirt for these events.
    Best to bring your own glove and focus mits if you have some - but there's always some you can borrow if not.

Beer money is essential :-)
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:29 am

Thanks for that Al, Learning loads from yourself and Mick.

My muscle memory tells me i can still kick but my body dont hehe, getting there slowly but sure, loving the sunday class, found the first part of the burn out a failure for myself, then the second part there was noway it was gonna beat me heh, even the miss's as said I'm completly a different person on Sundays (not such a twat probably)

Yer got all my own gear, will get chance to wear my Hong kong Phooey T-Shirt Smile

As disgussed with Mick today, I dont think I will be training on Sunday after a skin full the night before. oh yer and my dancing shoes altho dont thnk I can compete with that salsa boxing you got going on Smile
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am

Boxa-Salsa (TM) you heard it here first mate

It's the future!

cheers
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:55 pm

like BJJ it's all in the hips x
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:27 pm

Bugger and Bugger and bugger it

I dont think Geoffs teaching on the Saturday
    was looking forward to meeting him too
    Thats just great I'm ill and wont get to meet Geoff Smile
    then again probably be a fair few hundred people wanting to do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday the 28th of November

A mix of training sessions and seminars taught by the following people:

Peter Consterdine will be covering a range of physical skills and lecture-based topics including fitness for combat and personal security.

Geoff Thompson will concentrate on the skills of restricted striking and grappling from close-range standing scenarios. Geoff will be assisted by Alan Peasland.

Iain Abernethy will be looking at the historical development and application of the traditional arts. This will include a number of hands on drills and a look at the advice given to us by the old masters on awareness, pre-emption, the nature of self-defence and heavy drinking.

Mo Teague will be delivering his signature training session; a mini red flag day. In the evening he will hold a lecture on SSTTM: Streetwise Tactics, Techniques, Mindset.

Saturday the 29th of November

Mike Liptrot, one of the UK's leading Judo coaches will be teaching grappling and and throwing principles

Rick Young will be covering in detail the skills needed to cross train across a range of disciplines - no one does it better than Rick!

Kevin O'Hagan is one of the UK's foremost jujutsu instructors and he renowned for his commitment to physically and mentally challenging himself. Kevin will cover a range of combat and martial topics.

John Skillen will be bringing his vast street experience to the course. He will be covering his "pentagon" self-defence system and street effective punching.

There will also be a social on the Saturday night ... and as a result there will be optional very light training on Sunday morning!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 am