The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+2
Dave Turton
geordiedave
6 posters

Respect is it a thing of the past

geordiedave

Respect is it a thing of the past Empty Respect is it a thing of the past

Post by geordiedave Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:18 pm

I was just wondering what has happned to Respect in this world , to give a example I took my old mum shopping and as I was taking her back to my car this geezer comes alongside me (my old mum was a few steps behind) and he goes "Whoa ya fucka, I nearly went on my fuckin arse,that was fuckin lucky did ya see that ", I got a some adrenalin and looked at my mum to check if she was ok, which she was. The Thing is I felt bad later, I felt as though I should have said something you know because my old mum was shocked and taken back by having to hear that language.
    Dave Turton

Respect is it a thing of the past Empty Re: Respect is it a thing of the past

Post by Dave Turton Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:38 pm

its a steady but deefinite decline in all standards mate
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:46 pm

Respect is becoming a thing of the past.Those with any are in the minority.We are outnumbered by spitting, thugish types, who intimidate all who are around them.I feel strongly about this one.I also feel that the state of this country, has made a lot of these types of people what they are,and now a lot of people have to struggle to survive.
    Richard Sackville
    Richard Sackville

Post by Richard Sackville Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:19 pm

One of the good things about hanging out in the third world or war zones, like I sometimes do with my job, is that you get used to people being rude etc.

Dave T's right, in the UK things are getting worse, I try to make a stand by being nice to anybody I come across but sometimes it can make you mad.

One thing I have noticed of late is, if everybody in the local market is carrying an AK47, there tends to be a lot less lip all around and people tend not to walk into each other.

Walking down Croydon the other day with my 16 month old in a push chair, I think I would rather be back East. Croydon must have the most wanna bes in one square mile I have ever seen...

Maybe we could start a martial arts for politeness campaign?

Kind Regards

Richard
    Steve Rowe
    Steve Rowe

Post by Steve Rowe Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Here's a cop asking for respect....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hVOt01L2z9E
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:38 am

My thoughts are with the younger generation today, they spend way more time playing with computers and watching tv as appossed to playing outside and interacting with real people that they don't know how to deal with reality as well as they should. Most would rather "interface" then "interact".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 pm