The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

Has anyone tried This

Has anyone tried This Empty Has anyone tried This

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:36 pm

D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Has anyone tried This Empty Re: Has anyone tried This

Post by D.Hughes Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 pm

yer, its the newest, coolest sport to come from russia. in english it means "extreme euthanasia" lol.

in all seriousness though, some of it looks good, but some of it just made me think "ooohhhh, that could have gone badly, badly wrong"

wouldnt mind trying it out. there is always something to learn from any experiance.
    rob howden

Has anyone tried This Empty Has enyone tried This

Post by rob howden Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:01 am

Yes Rick some of it does look good and useful in the right place and time,
    but alot of it looks staged and false to me.

The first clip falls under staged if the man was getting attacked in the street that way he might stand a chance one on one or two on one but five or more he will have a hard time with punches and kicks raining in on him throwing them around that way will not work the aggresser will get back up so his best option is to knock them out and get out of there.

The second clip i like some of the training drills (not in a kinky way Wink ) as for just moving your arm and your foe is on the floor and putting your hand or fist on them with out significant power or force, well try it for yourself. As for the knife stuff they need help but the belt or strap is a good idea again (not in a kinky way Wink ) its a equaliser.

The third and forth clip i like most of his stuff relaxed heavy hand some of his drills in the forth clip look very good but it all can do with tidying up but he as got the heavy hand going on thats good.

I wouldnt mind trying some but not all out in fact some of the drills i will put in my training this week and see how i get on with them

Rob Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:08 am

Hey Rob

Let us know how you get on
    I used to incorporate some different drills into my work
    some worked a treat, but like you say, not all is practical and you cant do it all just by watching videos. but give us a report anyway mate would be good to read.

Craig
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:05 pm

A few years ago when i was in europe i got talking to a guy who trained in systema. Like most things there are varying levels of competancy/style and he was quite good. The whole body mechanics and absorbtion of power was quite intersting and similar to some of the soft chinese arts i had seen. The body movement was similar to WT in some cases but we keep our hands up to absorb hits its safer.

Dave

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm