The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

Hi everyone

markpcockburn

Hi everyone Empty Hi everyone

Post by markpcockburn Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Hello everyone, my names Mark and I am fron the North o England. I am currently practicing Hunyuan Tai Chi at my local community centre, mainly to help with stress related matters. Though I do intend to learn the self defence aspects at a later date.

I have tried various different styles of tai chi and chi kung ranging from Lee style tai chi to Shibashi Chi Kung. I also have tried some martial arts such as Wing Chun Kung Fu and other various styles. Though Tai Chi and Chi Kung are my favourite so far.

Well, thats what I do, if anyone else does a similar sort of thing, I would like to know your views and experiences.

Thanks, Kind Regards

Mark Cockburn
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Hi everyone Empty Re: Hi everyone

Post by Al Peasland Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:28 am

Hi Mark,

Welcome.

I have a constant battle with stress, in all it's guises and have always found my training to be the only constant thing that I can rely on to relieve it and manage it.

It's not all about training for the fight in the street - in fact, for me, thats a small by-product of my training. The battle with ourselves is always more of a challenge.

Nice to have you on here mate and am sure this forum and the people on it will have lots to offer and share.

Take care

AL cheers

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 pm