The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

SAYOC KALI

Godai
    Godai

SAYOC KALI Empty SAYOC KALI

Post by Godai Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi! Guys
    Haven’t posted much, been hibernating for the winter..!!!! Did I miss anything? Like the new look for the web site by the way.
    Anyway would just like to ask, dose anyone have information about Sayoc Kail? As I’ve heard some good and bad things concerning them. I’ve also ordered afew of their DVDs. I’ll let you know what I think of them. If I ever get them as at the moment no one seems to be manning their web site and they don’t seem to answer their e-mails(5 so far.. Sleep lol!)…NOT GOOD confused !! I think I’m answering my own question here guys….I’m going back to bed Sleep !!!

SAYOC KALI Empty Re: SAYOC KALI

Post by karma Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Krishna Godhania (sp?) was/is the uk rep warriors eskrima fencing Though the last time I went out wearing a belt with 10 knives in it, 1 in each sock and 2 around my neck I got sent home thumbsup
    Only kidding from what I can gather it is a pretty well rounded kali system.
    Check out the movie Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro .Sayoc was the system they used for the fight scenes.
    Thats about it from me
    Karl
    Godai
    Godai

Post by Godai Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Many Thanks Karma, good to know someone is listening..! Done some reading and they use the rig as a training aid to help you to develop muscle memory when deploying the knife and also during continuous knife disarms, saves you bending down all the time. This sounds quite reasonable that’s the good bit. But they don’t answer their e-mails.... angry and I've herd it can be quite expensive.. affraid

Post by karma Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:09 pm

Yeah fair one, done a little blade work and you do get fed up after picking up the knife 50 or 60 times
    Good luck with the emails whip
    Karl
    Godai
    Godai

Post by Godai Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:41 am

Can't believe it!! Posted here this afternoon, after nearly aweek of e-mails to Sayoc, and not only did I get TWO replys cheers But they finally shipped my order drooling not bad, since I ordered the DVDs 22/02/09!! Now about my bank account..... Smile Got to love this site!!

Post by karma Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:05 pm

LOL not touching that one lol!
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:37 pm

i liked their knuckle rapping stick drills....not!
    looks like a well rounded blade system...although i think that the beauty of kali is in the fact we have so many areas to work on..also train for blade, works in a blade orientated culture but perhaps a little too much for walsgrave on sowe for my tastes!
    different strokes for different folks i guess
    Me?
    i'm panantukan all the way...thats my brand..
    good enough for jason bourne... good enough for Mick T
    mick x
    Godai
    Godai

Post by Godai Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi! Mick
    Is there any training groups near me, (Buckingham, Milton Keynes...someone has to live here Smile) Would like to give it a try!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 pm