The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+2
Al Peasland
Marc1978
6 posters

Passive Fence

Marc1978

Passive Fence Empty Passive Fence

Post by Marc1978 Mon May 11, 2009 3:09 pm

In my limited experience and my opinion i think this is quite a good example of someone defending themselves/attacking from a passive fence position,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRKc_AgAniI

Marc study
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Passive Fence Empty Re: Passive Fence

Post by Al Peasland Mon May 11, 2009 6:24 pm

humm

I watched it withou sound so didn't get all of the story - but perhaps that's a good thing

Not brilliant

Jay Kay had his hands behind his back

The photographer had his arms folded - admittedly - in front of himself, which is good but he was doing nothing to control the space between himself and Jay Kay

However, if head butt is his preferred technique then maybe he likes people to be in his face and up that close - me, I like them at a little bit more distance where possible.

But, the head-butt was a very good pre-emptive strike in terms of the lack of warning and no real indication in the photographers body language prior to the strike so that was pretty good.

As I said, I didn't listen to the sound and I wasn't there to see the full story so I can only presume what lead to the whole thing.
    I'm sure there was faults on both sides and for anything to escalate up to one person head butting another, it's a pretty bad state of affairs

But as a demo of a pre-emptive strike - it was good and bad in places in my opinion

Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Laughing
    Marc1978

Post by Marc1978 Mon May 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Many thanks for your reply Al,i did find a much better quality version of the incident,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5lTASGZAMU&feature=related

Marc compwhack
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Tue May 12, 2009 9:04 am

Hi, if you check out the book review section, ive just finished reading the book and watching the dvd.There is a review.I would highly recommend you contact Al, and buy both, as you get a discount if you have both!! This book answers any questions at all you may have to do with the fence.
    geordiedave

Post by geordiedave Tue May 12, 2009 7:29 pm

So who dented the car ? My opinion is the same as Al's in that there was no fence in place which is a major no no. The headbutt had no power as Jay kay was still standing -from what I saw- and didn't look concussed.
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Wed May 13, 2009 10:13 am

The clip looked quite lame imho.........better bet would be to check out the fence concepts book and dvd........its not shameless plugging when its the best in its field is it???
    Mick x
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Wed May 13, 2009 10:19 am

Laughing

Cheers Mick - cheque's in the post

I can understand Jay Kay's frustration, having never been "papped" at that kind of level myself (I know - hard to believe hey) Cool it must be dfficult not to let it get the better of you for a time

And, no-one has the right to damage your car, even if they are taking photo's of you to put in the paper and give you free publicity.

And who can say they wouldn't get out of their car to go sort out the culprit - cars are expensive and hard earned - even for Jay Kay.

Purely from a Fence point of view - it wasn't great, as has already ben said, nor was the head butt. It shows alot of flaws but still, he got the first shot in - rightly or wrongly

So, what would yo uhave done - if you were Jay Kay???

Defend you expensive, hard earned, motor-car or drive off - it's just another piece of mettle??? Question
    Steve friel
    Steve friel

Post by Steve friel Thu May 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Write a song about how my flash car got damaged by some fool.Then buy a bigger flasher one of course Ha Ha!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm