The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+6
Al Peasland
Tim Coppin
Tony Terranova
Davey
esther
marko
10 posters

Hi Folks from the new FFMA MMA instructor

marko

Hi Folks from the new FFMA MMA instructor Empty Hi Folks from the new FFMA MMA instructor

Post by marko Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi everyone

Just to introduce myself. I'm Mark Collet age 40, originally from Bristol. I Met Tony Terranova and Alan Macdonald from FFMA back in March this year. Instantly connected with the pair of them and want to say a huge thankyou to both of them for re-lighting my passion for the Martial Arts after retiring from 6 years of competing in MMA. I began to Coach for them on a casual basis initially but then felt so at home at FFMA that we decided to work together more closely. I'm delighted that they have become two of my most valued friends.

I've been a self employed fitness coach/sports therapist for the last 10 years but am looking to switch more to Martial Arts instruction, so would appreciate all the advice I can get from you guys, and in return If I have any tips we can swap ideas.

My Martial arts background has been a very varied one from aged 17 onwards (various styles of kung fu, kickboxing, jitz} but training became more intense when I began competing in MMA aged 33. Until then I didn't feel honest about my training as I felt I had never pressure tested myself. I was determined to face my fears of competition and step into the cage. It proved to be one of the most rewarding (although challenging)experiences of my life, and I met some great people.

I've never really graded so I'm up at the BCA residential course this weekend to be graded by Pete. I'm so looking forward to meeting the 'big players' of the Martial arts world especially Pete, Geoff, Alan and Kevin o Hagen who I have met before (hope you are well Kevin.. still looking in awesome shape)... and of course everyone else. I feel I have so much to learn from you all and can't wait to make some new friends.

I'd also like to say a huge thanks to everyone at FFMA especially all the students for helping me to feel at home and sticking with some of the new training principles that I have brought to the club. I must say there are some impressive people at the club, and we've also had some 'top banana' coaches visit us.

I wish everyone well and look forward to some great discussions. (Sorry if this post was a bit long, just nice to be among like minded souls... and it is my first post). lol.

All the best
    Mark

Hi Folks from the new FFMA MMA instructor Empty Re: Hi Folks from the new FFMA MMA instructor

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Mark

No worries on the long post mate, welcome aboard look forward to more of your posts mate and your insights.

Tony and Alan are two of the nicest guys and run an awesome club.
    I am glad you feel at home there mate. Enjoy the BCA mate you will have a fantastic time im sure.

Craig
    esther
    esther

Hi Folks from the new FFMA MMA instructor Empty Re: Hi Folks from the new FFMA MMA instructor

Post by esther Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi Mark, yipee!!! lol! You finally did it and joined the forum!!! You will find loads of willing and helpful people on here.They help me all the time, and lets face it i do need it!!!!! Im glad you feel at home at FFMA, so do i, it was the best decision i ever made, when i joined them.I feel i will be there for a very long time.Im looking forward to our next training session.Have fun on here. Very Happy
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:36 pm

Hey Mark

Welcome and Nice to have you here, best of luck on ya grading.

see you at the BCA

Dave
    Tony Terranova
    Tony Terranova

Post by Tony Terranova Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi Mark,

You finally joined the forum - you will be a great asset to the forum just like you are for us all at FFMA - there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum with top class players all generous with their advice and support

Tony. T
    Tim Coppin
    Tim Coppin

Post by Tim Coppin Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 pm

cheers

Nice one Mark.

You will have a great input on this forum with your wealth of knowlege. See you tomorrow at the club.

Tim
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:13 am

Hi Mark

Great to have you on board. Definitely look forward to sharing ideas with you.
    I think you're input will be great for this forum

Look forward to meeting you this weekend

Take care

Al
    Michael Turner
    Michael Turner

Post by Michael Turner Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum

Mike
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 am

Great to have you aboard
    was good to meet you at the weekend mate
    how did the grading go?
    Mick x
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:21 am

Congrats to Mark for passing his grading with Peter at the BCA event.

Well done mate Wink
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:09 pm

Congratulation Mark and a big welcome to the forum. You'll find great information amongst the many threads.
    marko

Post by marko Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks for the kind comments guys, good to meet you too Mick/Al...grading went well thanks. Had a great weekend....can still feel the double hip elbow from Pete. Laughing

Thanks to ALL the instructors on the course and to Tony and Alan Mc for being my training partners for the weekend.
    Jonny Figgis
    Jonny Figgis

Post by Jonny Figgis Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Welcome Mark!

Really enjoyed reading your introduction. What I like about this forum is the honesty that people have so my advice to you (something I try to do myself) is share as much as possible, ask as many questions as possible and train with as many 'top bananas' as you can Laughing

I met Tony very briefly as a Geoff Thompson Masterclass earlier this year; he seems like a great man...would like to train with him sometime!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:03 pm