The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

3 posters

best way to split up training

Dharma Bum
    Dharma Bum

best way to split up training Empty best way to split up training

Post by Dharma Bum Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:29 pm

having looked at a few sites 'Gym Jones', 'Ross boxing' etc i am beginning to wonder what is the best way to train .. well not so much that as what shouldn't go together ... that Gym Jones site makes you totally re-evealuate what you are doing

i run and shadow box early Monday morning, i alternate 1, 2 and 3 minute runs at full pace, ten runs in total with army boots on ... shadow box for half an hour
    Tuesday morning i swim 400m flat out, Tuesday night padwork, stamina class and technique (locks and holds, throws etc) .... a serious full pace 1.5 hour session after half hour warm up
    Wednesday morning i run hill sprints 10 in total 30m, 50m, 75m, 100m ...picked at random
    Thursday morning try to squeeze as many reps as possible into a gym session in 25 minutes ... i'm up to 700 ... inlcuding press-ups, chins, jump ups, deadlift, clean and jerk, squats
    Sunday evening padwork, sticks, knife work ... long session ... 2 hours

i'm not sure what goes best with what
    or what should compliment what on a given day ... although i do know the swimming loosens me up for the session that night

can people post up a few routines of what they feel works best or send me in the right direction (books, DVD's, sites)

Much appreciated

Troy
    Les Turpin
    Les Turpin

best way to split up training Empty Re: best way to split up training

Post by Les Turpin Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:43 pm

to be honest mate, your doing pretty damn well on your own Smile

if it was me i would squeeze in another rest day lol.

sit down and write out what you want to achieve. with the experience you already have and the great sites you have already visited you will easily be able to cater your workout to your goals. give it 3 months and tweak if necessary

good luck mate, and well done Smile
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:22 am

Like les says (He's a clever lad you know our les.)what is your goal,taylor your training towards achieving that goal,. Also try and pyramid your goals with one ultimate goal at the top and lots of small ones on the way up getting bigger as you prgress.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 am