The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+4
esther
Al Peasland
moldeeside
Dave Stanswood
8 posters

Dog wrestling

Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Dog wrestling Empty Dog wrestling

Post by Dave Stanswood Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:49 am

Hi everyone its been a while since i dropped in but life moves quickly and if you dont sit back and look at it once in a while you can miss it. Anywho yesterday i was walking my latest addition to the family my little puppy cvalled Hoover. He is a cross between a great british bulldog and a shitzu so he is effectionately known as a bullshitz (honest). So there i am with my wife having a nice sunday afternoon walk along the shore line where i have moved to when my puppy encounters a pibull crossed with a graboid (from the film tremors). This dog is not muzzeld but is on a lead as is mine as they pass my puppy is grabbed and bitten and tossed around in the air. The pibull has him pinned and locked its jaws within seconds. The noise created by my puppy is horrendous everyone freaks out and starts screaming. I do the only thing i can think of and jump on the pitbulls back pinning it to the floor (this stopped it from shaking my puppy around in the air). I started punching the dog on the side of the head ground and pound style. Now for those that have seen me i am not small 6ft 3 and a modest 16 stone. This dog on steroids is moving around with all my weight on top of it quite easily. I tried forcing my thumbs into its eye sockets which i did but it would not release, a passer by walking her own dog grabbed hold of its dick (its balls had been removed)which caused it to buck even more. Now there is blood pumping out and i am covered in it. The teenager hoodie who was walking the dog pleads with me to stop hitting his girlfriends dog to which i reply 'dont be silly my good man i must relinquish said dogs hold on my adorable little puppy'. Now several minutes have passed and my puppy is tiring very quickly with the blood thats everywhere it looks worse than it really is. So with me on the dogs back i clamp my legs around its rib cage and get this dog in a rear choke. I apply all my strength the dog goes mad sighs and release's my puppy. I take the choke off and the dog goes mad trying to bite me it nicks my wrist the teenager pulls it away and i give it the mother of all boots to the head. This only seemed to annoy it even more. Now hindsight is a wonderful thing and i thought of burning its nose with my wifes lighter etc but c'mon what can you do against something like that. As a side note my puppy has lots of spare skin and thats all the pitbull had hold of his injuries are only superficial so it was more noise that anything else. The blood came from the other dog after i had smacked many times in the side of the head and jaw. But i can safely say i have never felt so helpless in all my life. I have trained for 24yrs and i have an average ability in what i do but jesus this thing would not stop coming.
    It was like your worst opponent with teeth and ultimately its not the dogs fault its only doing what is in its nature but this is why i am so angry. I would have killed that dog if i had to and what for neglagance on the owners behalf and me with that on my mind for the rest of my life.

Thanks for letting me rant
    Dave
    moldeeside

Dog wrestling Empty Re: Dog wrestling

Post by moldeeside Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:22 pm

horrible situation dave and top marks for doing what you did. about 8 years back a pitbull got hold of my border collie outside my old mans house and he and my brother were belting it with fence posts they`d been working on and it took a good half minute before it would bugger off, even when its owner had hold of its lead and was trying his best.

hope your pup recovers and doesn`t run into any nasty bastards like that again.

Mol
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:16 pm

Exclamation
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Al,
    Sorry if its a confusing post mate i was just ranting this morning and needed to get it off my chest. And yes my spelling is atrocious. Hope life is good mate
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi Dave, yeah - life's great mate. Thank you

I was just trying to picture the event and how you had your legs around a pitbull's body and also a rear choke on it - with your size I wouldn't have thought the pitbull would have been big enough to get into this position - if you see what I mean.

Obviously you did though - sounds like you had a good tumble with the beast.

Glad your puppy came out of it alright mate.

It's been said by some of my friends that I would fight harder in the defence of an animal than another human Laughing
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Hope your pup recovers ok.It wont be the wounds that will have the lasting effect, it will be the long term nightmares everytime your dog sees another.Try and treat him reasonably normal,if you baby him too much he will think that there is a big problem, whereas if you try and act more normal and praise him, when you take him out for a walk and reintroduce him to being around friendly dogs.Also long term its us humans that worry more when we see another dog which then sends dodgy signals to your dog.Its a difficult situation and i hope this makes some sense.I have been around many dogs all my life, and i cant stand these idiots with big egos with no respect for others and their animals.Its humans that make these breeds the way they are.When they are born they are all innocent, until a human introduces bad ways. Well done for trying to protect your pup.Pat on the back for you.I would do the same.
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Sorry Al my bad. Not to sure on the correct terminology but the dog was on all fours belly touching the floor my pup was wedged in its jaws via its shoulder and throat i was on top with my knees either side squeezing as hard as i could. my left arm was wrapped underneath its throat latching onto my right arm and i was squeezing that as hard as i could. My knowledge of the ground game and stuff is shite. The police have been here today as we did report it apparently its crossed with pitbull and some crossed alasatian/labrador mix. The young lad was walking it for his girlfriend who was distraught after a phone call from him after the event. This has not occured before but they are taking precautionary measures from now on.

Dave
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi Esther,
    Weirdly enough he did not seemed phased by it today. He was hesitant to start with normaly he pulls on the lead by he stayed by my side for the first 5 mins. Then he met 2 border collies and that was it he was off again. So it looks like no problems for him its me who is twitchy everytime a dog comes near us now. If i new how to put photos up i would as he is so cute you gotta see him.
    Thanks for all your kind words
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 pm

hi dave im sure your pup will be fine like esther says its people that give dogs a complex,my mate has a staffy its the softest dog i know,when he goes out he takes a strong walking stick/cugel just incase of such an event.

i believe the only way to open a locked staffy jaw is to ram a strong stick in and prise them apart,if all else fails im sure a good strong heavy stick would work better than your knuckles on the dogs head, if that fails try ramming it up its arse im sure that would get its attention Shocked

some of the best heavy walking sticks ive seen are made from blackthorn
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:18 am

Good point kaarl thanks mate. Not to sure what type of pitbull it was crossed with having spoke to several dog owners now i was probably wrong about the dog locking its jaw. My pup only had several puncture wounds to the bite area i have been told the damage would be alot more. I have owned dogs all my life and i have had to seperate them on a few occasions but its normally the bark is worse than the bite scenario. This shocked the hell out of me as it was quick and ferocious and yes punching one of these in the head is not good there skulls are bloody tough with no vunerable area's. But that was panic on my part. What shocked me the most is being helpless. If it was a punch up with a human fair enough im generally crap at fighting but i do have an idea on what to do. This episode.... well i was stumped to be honest. I hate anyone hurting animals despise it with a big passion but i had to try and hurt this one and i couldn't. I can get a bit of weight from my punching even on the floor but these had no effect. I know adrenalin will reduce your power but being completely honest i felt weak for the first time in a long time and i hated it. I think your right and i should carry something but in my book if i carry something like that then there is a good chance i will attract a situation for me to use it. And i managed to break free from that with a bit of hard work. Sorry im rambling.
    As always on a lighter note as the title states does anybody know anyone who teaches dog wrestling
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi Dave

Dave Stanswood wrote:As always on a lighter note as the title states does anybody know anyone who teaches dog wrestling

Sorry mate - can't help with this one.

I did have a friend who trained attack dogs, but he's now in Jail Shocked

Although, I have wrestled many a "monster" on the mat, who felt more animal than human Laughing
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

I`m still rocking laughing from Karls post, superb work mate. I`ve got visions of some evil sted-head pitbull walking round very carefully with an extremely sore arse wishing it had never gone out of its kennel that day !
    Seriously though I`ve believed for years that you should only really have an animal which you can control in all situations, I`ve seen kids of about 13 walking rottweileirs which must have outweighed them by a couple of stone and theres no way they could restrain them if they went off on one.
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:33 am

I explained why my hand was bandaged last night to the guys in class. Afterwards one cheeky chap piped up and said i should join the WWF and i said no i cannot wrestle for my life and he said no the woof woof federation.
    I cant believe how quickly i tired from this and it was only a dog i know i touched on it at GT'S class but now i gotta learn this stuff properly i think.
    Al i still got your number i may call you and hook up if thats ok mate.
    I will change my avatar as its quite gay.

Thanks again for letting me rant guys

Dave
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Dave

No probs mate - give me a call, we can sort something out anytime

Karl, I'm not volunteering to clean your walking stick after you've been for a walk Laughing
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 am

Al not to sure if its a walking stick i saw something similar in the ann summers catalogue Very Happy
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:26 pm

steady,everyones gonna want a go poke
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:34 pm

knowing my luck I`d be up against the only gay pitbull on earth, I`d shove the fat end of the walking stick up it`s `arris and it would look back over its shoulder and give me a cheeky wink !!

On the subject of dogs and bad behaviour my mates dog years ago was forever getting bummed by an ex-police alsatian, it would crawl into the house like a bloody crab then try to fall asleep on its side because it couldn`t sit down for the night.

Gay greyhounds, who`d have thought it? You`d have thought he could have outrun a retired alsatian so maybe he quietly liked it. Takes all sorts I suppose.
    Simon

Dog wrestling Empty dogs

Post by Simon Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 am

I don't think anything stops them short of a bullet in the head. I worked in a kennels years ago and we had a completely psychotic male staffie/staffie cross which went crazy. At one point it ran into a wall fracturing bones in its face as we discovered later from the vet and it still continued to attack anything and everything in its path snorting and dripping blood as it did. Like some hell hound from a horror film. In the end one guy climbed a tree and I climbed a chain link fence to get away. Lucky the kennels were set up so we could confine it to one area and we got the local vet in who drugged it. Needless to say it and the owner were banned for life from boarding any more dogs. Amzingly as well they still didn't get it. As I have always said the problem is normally not the dog - its at the other end of the lead.
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:12 pm

When i entered this thread i thought it was going to be similar to my training with pets thread from a few months ago lol.
    Glad your dogs ok dave. I'd have probably tried ramming my fingers down it's throat until it backed off knowing me and probably lost a few digits in the process!! lol
    Thai Monkey
    Thai Monkey

Post by Thai Monkey Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:59 pm

Check out this link!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPLBcCVwVi4

Its a 9 year old kid that chokes a pitbull out.
    Dave Stanswood
    Dave Stanswood

Post by Dave Stanswood Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Damn that kid was brave. As a side note i was telling a good friend yesterday about what took place. He has spent many years as a dog handler for the police and he gave me a good tip. Carry a small bag of very hot chilli powder in your pocket. And if it happens again rub it on and around the dogs nose. Apparently the dog will release then rub its face on the ground for an eternity. I remember preparing a vindaloo once i forgot to wash my hands and then i went to toilet. Not good cyclops

Dave

Your mind is like a parachute it only works when its open
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am

Can totally relate to the working with chillies (birdseye and scotch bonnet type) and not washing hands before a trip to the loo. I'm not a religious kind of person but damn was I praying!! haha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content