The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+3
Abnett
Al Peasland
charley
7 posters

GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast -Eddie Quinns APPROACH

charley

GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast  -Eddie Quinns APPROACH Empty GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast -Eddie Quinns APPROACH

Post by charley Tue May 19, 2009 12:00 am

wow-what a great weekend.
    After getting on the wrong train because I could not understand the english spocken by the scottish train staff man at euston things got rapidly better.
    First of all sat. was spent in the very capable hands of grayham stoneham,richard howell,chris byng ,david stretch.really professional kind gentleman who know how to put a top notch seminar together.I am booking Bill Kipp right now to do more.
    The FAST system has to be about the best way to test ones techniques and build people up. I admit I did flinch when the trainers shouted " f-ing NXXXX" in a drill to a lovely young black lady.But of coures that is what its all about - testing under stress and she did very well and thats what she is likely to face- sadly. Evil or Very Mad
    Using The Approach was like a dream on the bullet man. Very Happy attack from the fence,the ground,kneeling, against the fence, charging, grappling,weapons,I cannot recomend it highly enough as the single best attack system I have ever seen and I have seen alot Smile .I am glad Eddie has decided to use the bullet man in his testing requiments- a great marriage). His Approach instructor seminar was on the sunday and to quote my police buddy " wow-I feel like a light has come on-thats really good,really useful from a policemans veiwpoint,I will recomend this" this man can be a misrable git at times so to hear him say that was great.
    So, all in all a great weekend.I travelled the world to find what I was looking for-in birmingham,England lol! Amazing!
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast  -Eddie Quinns APPROACH Empty Re: GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast -Eddie Quinns APPROACH

Post by Al Peasland Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am

Nice review Charley

Sounds like a great event

Thanks for sharing it with us

Good stuff

Al clap
    Abnett
    Abnett

GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast  -Eddie Quinns APPROACH Empty Re: GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast -Eddie Quinns APPROACH

Post by Abnett Tue May 19, 2009 7:25 pm

No better recommendation than that of word of mouth. Good write up!
    charley

Post by charley Tue May 19, 2009 9:34 pm

yeah-it was great.
    People may think I am shagging Eddie( or visa versa) because of the way I gush.
    Besides having just met him and him not being my type( he's got a hairy arse! affraid ) the case really is just a matter of giving credit where credit is due.
    I suppose part of me is asking why I had not "found" this myself
    I really would like to hear from others about what they think.
    Anyone have any ideas on it ,please critic it for me
    So far a very capable UK policeman has given it two thumbs up as has a SBS friend of mine( who saw the DVD's)Both these chaps are more the reserved than me but were very impressed.
    Its nice to see an earnest and what I call honest martial artist
    do well.He deserves full credit for this cheers
    Simon

GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast  -Eddie Quinns APPROACH Empty Bill Kipp FAST

Post by Simon Wed May 20, 2009 6:15 pm

I have done these several times including one seminar with Bill Kipp - one of my instructers used to do these courses. I thought they were very good A member of our club who is a serving member of the Royal Marines Military police booked a session for his unit - and they found it a useful way to train - not that they seem to need the practice! I am not sure the guys in the suits enjoyed that session quite so much.
    There are some good clips of Lee Morrison at a Bill Kipp seminar on the internet - I would put them up here but my legendary lack of pc skills means I can't find them. I am sure someone else can.
    Simon
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Wed May 20, 2009 9:12 pm

charley

GREATWEEKEND - Bill Kipps Fast  -Eddie Quinns APPROACH Empty great stuff

Post by charley Wed May 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Really impressive stuff
    That headbutt was wicked
    and what is really interesting is that some of the more effective combinations are the exact tool emphasised by Eddie Quinns The Approach
    On one combo Mr lee lets lose his most effective attack- and it could well of been straight out one of Eddies semiars.
    The boxing style punches looked great, but it was chain/bicycle strikes that had the highest success rate.
    Or so it seemed to me
    Dik
    Dik

Post by Dik Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 am

Lee's second fight was great. He totally chomped into my arm.
    I've got a photo somewhere of the teeth mark bruises on my forearm through the pads.
    Alban was awesome on that course too.

Here's another course we did for Graham's regular students.
    Youtube clip

Dik

Last edited by Dik on Thu May 21, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a clip)
    Nick Engelen

Post by Nick Engelen Sat May 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi,

Sounds great. Unfortunately I couldn't make it.

I hope a similar seminar will be organised in the future.

Kind Regards,

Nick Engelen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:40 pm