The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

5 posters

Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset

kenpofrank
    kenpofrank

Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset Empty Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset

Post by kenpofrank Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 pm

I’m hosting a 4hr Seminar with Maul Mornie (Silat Suffian Bela Deri) – Knife Defence on the following date

Date: Sun 21st June 2009
    Time: 2:00-6:00pm
    Venue: The Combat Gym , Weston Euro Park, Winterstoke Rd, Weston Super Mare, Somerset, BS24 9AA
    Cost: £25 (in advance) £30 on the door

Call me on 07725 545906 or mail frank.ellul@btinternet.com if interested

http://www.silatsuffian.com/2009/04/uk-seminar-25th-26th-april-2009.html

Maul Mornie

Main Instructor of Silat Suffian Bela Diri International Groups. An efficient and effective martial arts from Brunei (Southeast Asia).

Regarded Internationally as one of the top knife awareness instructor in the world.

He travels 40 weekends of the year around the world and instructs highly successful seminars to Law Enforcement Agencies and the public in parts of mainland Europe, USA, Australia and Asia.

Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y0BTk8rw9s

Video 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrRo-Nw0nc8
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset Empty Re: Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset

Post by Al Peasland Wed May 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Good stuff Frank - thanks for posting the announcement

Would you mind posting a short intro so all the members can say Hi properly?

Thanks mate and welcome on board

Al
    kenpofrank
    kenpofrank

Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset Empty Introduction

Post by kenpofrank Wed May 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I have heard good things about you guys and it will be a pleasure to be involved with quality people. My background briefly is 3rd dan American Kenpo, some Thai boxing, Tae Kwon Do and Hontai Yoshin Jujitsu. More recently getting into Silat and JKD.

Plenty of real life experience of street conflicts with 17 yrs Police experience in South London and now for my sins (and to pay the ex-wife) I work on the doors and teach my own brand of Functional Kenpo which is a stripped down version of what I have been taught and hopefully translates to the street much better.

Main influences in the Arts, Bruce Lee, Ed Parker, Dan Inosanto, Maul Mornie and any body that is open minded and good at what they do. Hope to meet up with you guys soon. cheers
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset Empty Re: Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset

Post by Al Peasland Wed May 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi Frank

Thanks for the intro - an interesting background

Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the parallels and perhaps conflicts between your Police background and doorwork

I'm sure we'll call on your input in future posts
    Wink

Thanks again - great to have you on here

Cheers

AL
    kenpofrank
    kenpofrank

Post by kenpofrank Wed May 27, 2009 7:34 pm

Door work is far more precarious for many reasons, lack of respect from the punters and the police etc. I would be glad to contribute where necessary, thanks.
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Thu May 28, 2009 12:47 am

Welcome aboard Frank
    Looking forward to your input sir,checking my diary as we speak re; seminar
    Take care
    Mick x
    Luke Mannion
    Luke Mannion

Post by Luke Mannion Thu May 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi Frank, I'll do my best to make it down mate, be good to catch up. Franks a top bloke by the way and really skilled at what he does.
    kenpofrank
    kenpofrank

Post by kenpofrank Fri May 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks for the compliment Luke, means a lot from some one with your background, I am honoured.
    cobra kai

Post by cobra kai Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm

do you know of any good silat schools in london by any chance?
    kenpofrank
    kenpofrank

Silat Suffian Bela Diri Seminar in Somerset Empty silat in london

Post by kenpofrank Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi, yes you are quite lucky being in London as far as Silat goes. You have a choice of Steve Benitez. I think he is in West London somewhere but check out www.silateurope.com for a school nearby. I would strongly recommend Bob Breens Academy in Hoxton. Its JKD but he has a great knowledge of silat as well as legendary knife skills. If you need any further help let me know.

Frank

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 am