The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

CCMA Open Workshop 20 June

Jamie Clubb
    Jamie Clubb

CCMA Open Workshop 20 June Empty CCMA Open Workshop 20 June

Post by Jamie Clubb Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:58 pm

On 20 June (tbc) I will be holding a three hour workshop following on from our club's long overdue grading. The cost is £15 per person and a coach, who brings any of his/her students, can train for free. The workshop will start at 12pm and finish at 3pm.

I am also in need of a guest examiner(s)/consultant. You may or may not know, but CCMA is a very open method (I can't really call it a system and it certainly isn't a style) and our argument is that the training methods exhibited by our students testing should be transparent enough for anyone with a credible background in realistic self protection methods to confirm. The purpose of bringing someone in from outside of the association is to stop stylization from occurring and keep training as an honest representation of self defence. No grades will be over intermediate level and the majority of those grading will be from our junior class. So far our guest grading examiners have included Tony Somers, Al Peasland, Mo Teague, Iain Abernethy and several others.

Please get in contact to confirm whether or not you would like to be considered for the panel.

Venue is the Gym, St Nicholas C of E School, Kenilworth CV8 2PE.
    Jamie Clubb
    Jamie Clubb

CCMA Open Workshop 20 June Empty Re: CCMA Open Workshop 20 June

Post by Jamie Clubb Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:03 pm

This event is now confirmed.

Our workshop starts at 12pm and finishes at 3pm. We will be covering CCMA approach to training.

If you are an instructor and want to bring a group over or if you would like to be on our grading panel, please read the information in the previous post and contact me.
    Jamie Clubb
    Jamie Clubb

Post by Jamie Clubb Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Tony Somers has very kindly stepped in as our guest grading examiner. Hopefully we will see some of you guys at the workshop that will immediatley follow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:43 am