The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

5 posters

How's things

PJ

How's things Empty How's things

Post by PJ Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Hello to members.

Brief intro, I don't class myself as a Martial Artist as such. My main training base is Boxing and have trained on and off for ages around different gyms. Have trained with a couple of guys years ago,(Early 90's), who were ex army and bouncers in, I suppose you'd call "Realistic" street oriented stuff based on their experiences as doormen,M P's and Repo men.
    Around this time I first came across Geoff Thompson's stuff which reinforced the stuff I had already picked up, ie talking hands, question and preemptive strike although GT explained it in more detail. (This stuff seems to be pretty Universal amongst the bouncers and street people I've met, maybe a few variations but definitely a common theme).
    I've worked in various establishments,(Not as a bouncer), but where quite often there is conflict between myself and members of the public, often solved by way of my silver tongue but now and again things do involve fisticuffs so all the stuff I've learned comes in handy.
    As to my age,well, as I tell everyone...over 40 Smile

Glad to see many people on here with a lot of real life experience such as Al Peasland and Dennis Jones and hope to learn from you all.

Regards PJ
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

How's things Empty Re: How's things

Post by Mick Tully Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome aboard mate
    Mick x
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:33 pm

welcome to the forum pj
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:01 am

Hi PJ

Nice to have you on here mate

cheers

Al
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:14 pm

welcome to the forum. you'll find choice of defence/martial arts isn't a major factor here, it's more about the discussion and ability to gleen information/experience of subjects from others. It's a fantastic forum full of like-minded individuals and good banter. Enjoy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 pm