The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+5
Matt
Steve Rowe
Mick Tully
9 posters

The greatest martail arts action flick ever coming in 09

Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

The greatest martail arts action flick ever coming in 09 Empty The greatest martail arts action flick ever coming in 09

Post by Peter Skillen Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Check out the link below the people responsible for the matrix trioligy now brinG to life the video game NINJA ASASSIN
    This stunt work looks awesome.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39667

Last edited by Peter Skillen on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

The greatest martail arts action flick ever coming in 09 Empty Re: The greatest martail arts action flick ever coming in 09

Post by karma Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Very cool indeed Cool
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

The greatest martail arts action flick ever coming in 09 Empty Re: The greatest martail arts action flick ever coming in 09

Post by Mick Tully Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm stoked for this!
    lee van clief is all thats missing
    mick x
    Steve Rowe
    Steve Rowe

Post by Steve Rowe Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Sorry guys - nowhere NEAR the quality of these guys....

http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:00 pm

funny site that steve Razz
    Matt
    Matt

Post by Matt Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:03 am

When I leave the ultimate seminar in Feb I assume I am going to be able to do all of that stuff...

I am going to order my throwing stars and nunchaku now and believe me, the ne'er-do-wells on my estate had better watch out
    Matt
    Matt

Post by Matt Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:04 am

When I leave the ultimate seminar in Feb I assume I am going to be able to do all of that stuff...

I am going to order my throwing stars and nunchaku now and believe me, the ne'er-do-wells on my estate had better watch out
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:12 am

Ne'er do wells!
    I have a theory that we would have less overtly agressive people in society if we referred to such characters as the above and other examples such as miscreants,rogues,scamps,rapscallions and rascals....and lesser badly behaved,bounder or cad!
    What do you think guys?
    Mick x
    Dave Turton

Post by Dave Turton Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:03 am

am I missing something here?

The last 'martial arts' movie I saw was Enter the Dragon in Manchester in about 1976.. they are DIRE

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:06 pm

So you have not watched any martial arts movies since enter the dragon dave? Nothing?

Craig
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:40 pm

I thought enter the dragon was a documentary, that boss blokes claw hand looked very real. Apart from sticking out about a foot.
    For something pretty near to real fighting watch `once were warriors` about a maori bloke who drinks too much and is a nasty character, its a hard film to watch because its quite brutal. The fighting scenes are quick and shot very well, and you see how someone who was once the kiddy in his area sees his life go down the toilet through too much ale and trying to keep his reputation.
    Its been out a few years now so you`d probably get it for a couple of quid on dvd.
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Enters not real?
    Man.......you are like something out of a comic book!
    Jake the muss is one bad mofo!
    Loads of youtube clips of him out there
    mick x
    Dave Turton

Post by Dave Turton Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:28 pm

I have seen films I didnt expect per se to be 'martial arts' orientated..but ANYTHING with Dragons, Ninjas, Kung Fu, etc etc etc in the title I avoided like an invite to eat at the Borgias..

so yes I suppose if you want to be pedantic and split hairs Ha ha.. I HAVE seen some martial arts movies, but NOT what were classed as kung fu flicks.. to be honest though I go to the cinema about once or twice a year..

I buy very few DVD's and then very specific in their content.. I prefer a good book to be honest..

I did see Mel Gibson as that crazy cop thing, which was shite...
    Not seen that Dragons and Tigers thing or any of those Kill Bill stuff.. they leave me cold...
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Martial arts film of the year 09 for me has got to be ONG BAK 2. Looks like it's going to be a stunner, nothing like the first film, this one's dealing with ancient arts and if it's like tony jaa's other films it'll be insane stunts without wires!
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Dave this is adapted from a video game i bet youve got an xbox reallly!

Books are great though mate but for pure escapsim this looks great pop corn madness...

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:30 pm

absolutely, I love the odd movie, dont go the pics much but love my books also. def hitting pics next fri though for clubbed. thats a must see for me as not seen it yet.

Craig
    Dave Turton

Post by Dave Turton Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 am

I have never played on Playstation X-Box or whatever, and definitely NOT on that stupid Wii thing..

Might be my generation or just me, but none of my students (Karl etc) play much on them either, however quite a few of the younger ones like Andy C DO play them

so maybe its just like I say a generation thing.. bear in mind I never SAW a TV until I was 7 and we didnt have one until I was 9...

when I was 'sent to my room' I had ZIP in it that needed electricity, so that was a punishment... I spent 90% of my childhood and early teenage years 'playing out' I was NEVER in....

Guess I am just a dinosaur
    Steve Rowe
    Steve Rowe

Post by Steve Rowe Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:15 pm

You ever watched 'Grumpy Old Men' Dave? I think you're about ready to join our club, the entry form is at least 20 items in the 'Room 101' thread...

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 pm

I think you surpassed the 20 items mate and then some.
    when are we getting some more lol!

Craig
    Matt
    Matt

Post by Matt Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:16 pm

In terms of the Wii:

Do you think it will be long before you can get a Martial Arts instructional game that, when complete, automatically sends an email to a bloke in the States authorising the immediate dispatch of Black Belt, Certificate and a signed Bruce Lee 'print'?

What would the Martial Art be called?

Wii-ng Chun? (I have copyrighted that by the way and am now off to make millions)

Last edited by Matt on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bloody good idea for a game)
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 pm

too late already been developed!
    charley

Post by charley Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 am

Dave Turton wrote:am I missing something here?

The last 'martial arts' movie I saw was Enter the Dragon in Manchester in about 1976.. they are DIRE
    hi Sir
    I have always loved your stuff, anyway....
    did you all know that -enter the dragon - was written by bruce after seeing james bond Doctor No-he model after
    One can see the simalaritys
    the island, the man with one hand,the claw, the big knockers lady, john saxon was choosen because he looked like sean connery,
    the cat, etc, etc
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:20 am

never watched it.........i was too busy looking good!
    mick x
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Fri May 01, 2009 4:05 pm

on the bond theme did you know that one of the girls in octopussy was called Tula, and used to be a man called Barry Cossey. Not only that, she went out with Desmond Lynam the sports commentator.

Bald and mentally unstable I may be, but by christ I`m handy in pub quizzes.
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Sun May 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Just seeing one from the creators of Ong bak and warrior king. It's called "Chocolate" and actually has a female lead! The stunts are jaw dropping. Search youtube for "Muai thai chocolate".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 am