The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+2
Phil Brady
Les Turpin
6 posters

start em early

Les Turpin
    Les Turpin

start em early Empty start em early

Post by Les Turpin Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:18 pm

this is a real short vid of my 7yr old daughter defending herself against me trying to pick her up and run off with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVbiRFcVHTE&feature=channel_page

as much as i love the traditional arts i find drilling techniques for kids this age not very effective so have used the concepts of senshido's shredder.

enjoy Very Happy

comments are welcome
    Phil Brady
    Phil Brady

start em early Empty Re: start em early

Post by Phil Brady Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Brilliant Les, our kids should have a knowledge of how to defend themselves. My daughter's starting hapkido in a couple of months. I also teach her how to kick and punch. They haven't got any choice with dads like us eh? Thanks for sharing mate.
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:07 pm

You want to tell her to pick on someone her own size..kids of today such bully's, are you sure your ok les Very Happy Top stuff that and a shed load of screaming should deter anyone enough and attract a lot of attention..good work.
    Les Turpin
    Les Turpin

Post by Les Turpin Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:02 pm

thanks a lot guys
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:18 pm

good work Les,

i really like what your doing there, i think its exactly what i would teach my kids at that age if i had any

cheers
    karl
    shred
    shred

Post by shred Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:41 am

Great stuff Les. I like the bit where she goes forward to attack again when you put her down clap
    security_chick

Post by security_chick Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm just starting to take interest in martial arts. A lot has been happening in our neighborhood lately, so I decided to learn jeet kune do. I'm thinking of enrolling my son, too, but I guess he's too young as he's only 4 yrs old. But my cousin told me it's just the right age to start. I wish I can also train him like how you're training your daughter, but I guess I'll leave it to more experienced trainer.

Last edited by security_chick on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Les Turpin
    Les Turpin

Post by Les Turpin Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm

security chick..

i started when she was 4yrs old, just playing, pretending to be animals. i would try and take something from her and she had to fight to stop me, she would claw scratch bite growl scream, it was all great fun, then as she got older it went from that to her being taken from me and what she would do...

it takes a bit of time but it is fun and should be gradual, i have just started introducing her to using fingers and thumbs into eyes.

i think the biggest thing at there age is to recognise that they are under a threat, that...if something feels wrong they should not be afraid to scream or shout or call out to someone.

Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:15 pm