The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

2 posters

injuries during training

keith
    keith

injuries during training Empty injuries during training

Post by keith Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:26 pm

I was training with a guy yesterday, and working on joint locks. I was showing a guy how difficult it can be to take someone down who is non complaint without striking them first or at least doing something to cause some kind of distraction. hes a very strong guy and thought that his strength was everything. I put my point across but now my wrist and shoulder is in bits. is there anything I can do to help sort my wrist and shoulder strain out quicker? or is it just a case of sit round an wait for it to get better?

I think this could be a good topic for anyone else who has injuries also.

Keith
    spiderpants
    spiderpants

injuries during training Empty Re: injuries during training

Post by spiderpants Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:25 am

hi pal, if your looking to get training again asap then the best way to get healing quicker is heat the area to increase blood flow. after the injury your supposed to cool it and rst it but too much time has passed for that within a day. heat treatment to the area and if you know anyone who can do muscle and joint manipulation, then its best to get a wee bit of work done on the area. its really hard to therapy your own injuries but uv gota get some1 who knows what theyr doing or they could make it worse.
    hope that helps pal

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm