The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+14
bobspour
geordiedave
kaarl
Alun Williams
jimmyfatwing
Michael W Wright
Peter Skillen
Michael Turner
Dave Turton
Mick Tully
Al Peasland
Davey
Tim Coppin
D.Hughes
18 posters

SD forum: ultimate protection seminar

D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

SD forum: ultimate protection seminar Empty SD forum: ultimate protection seminar

Post by D.Hughes Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:30 pm

so Craig and myself are thinking of getting a seminar organised for the forum (and mates of forum members)
    im looking at securing this venue: http://www.newi.ac.uk/imagegallery/Facilities%20for%20students/Sports%20Centre/slides/QU5D5369.htm

and getting a load of instructors together for it. the idea is that we charge to cover the expenses only, so it will be a free seminar other than the costs of venue etc. instruction would be on a voluntary basis (instructors are also welcome to join in training for free before and after there slots)

so far it looks like if 100 people attend, not including instructors, it could work out to less than £10 per head! (1k square metres should be easily enough for those kinds of numbers right?)

instructors could set up stands on the walls for their products and promotional purposes etc.

all this is just thought at the moment. no dates in mind or anything like that. i posted this for any suggestions, so people can let me know if they are interested, and for any instructors to let me know if they would be interested in teaching on the day.

so, who's interested? think its a good idea? post here to tell me! think its a bad idea? post and tell me why!

Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tim Coppin
    Tim Coppin

SD forum: ultimate protection seminar Empty Re: SD forum: ultimate protection seminar

Post by Tim Coppin Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Top idea, it would be great to meet some more of the forum members face to face.

Another way of training with different instructors also.

Good idea mate.
    Davey
    Davey

SD forum: ultimate protection seminar Empty Re: SD forum: ultimate protection seminar

Post by Davey Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:22 pm

Yep.. Sounds like a fantastic idea, should get quite alot of feedback on this.

oh yer dont forget the T-Shirts Smile heh
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:38 pm

Yeah, nice idea

Count me in for attendance - and for a T-Shirt

Laughing
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:00 pm

Me too x
    Dave Turton

Post by Dave Turton Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:22 pm

if you want me on it mate .. I will be there
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Looks like we're all going to be on it - but who's going to teach Laughing
    Michael Turner
    Michael Turner

Post by Michael Turner Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Sounds good.

I've not been to one but I've always thought 'open mats' that grapplers have, where you roll with guys from other clubs & styles were also a good idea.

T-shirts are always good!
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:27 pm

I'll do a bit...
    Michael W Wright
    Michael W Wright

Post by Michael W Wright Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:12 pm

Great idea.

If the guys on this forum are teaching, I would definitely come along to train. That would be a great session.
    jimmyfatwing
    jimmyfatwing

Post by jimmyfatwing Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Sounds like a good idea...time/money allowing I'd be along Very Happy

No. wise i could muster up maybe 6/7 depending on dates

Last edited by jimmyfatwing on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 pm

money wont come into it mate. we are aiming at making this one as cheap as possible for you guys for that very reason.
    currently our aims are:
    £10 per head (provided that covers fee's)
    all excess after venue fee's go to the instructors.
    SD forum staff attend free (for obvious reasons, ie: we are working our balls off to get it done lol)
    good solid schedule covering as many aspects of SD as possible.
    schedule designed to allow the more 'unfit' guys and gals to keep up.
    basically we wanna come up with an amazing seminar that everyone will love from beginner to advanced, superfit to unfit (either way, expect to sweat Wink )

anyone thast interested, post here for preliminary tickets (just to get an idea of numbers) and let us know how many people you will be bringing.

instructors, if interested in teaching, PM me. will sort all details out at a later date, just want to know who would be up for it if they were available.
    we are looking at about 9 instructors, half hour slot each Very Happy
    Alun Williams
    Alun Williams

Post by Alun Williams Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:30 pm

I'd be happy to attend and Instruct

Cheers
    Alun

www.totalbodydefence.com
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:31 pm

ok, preliminary date set for saturday 7th feb.
    just awaiting confirmations from instructors booked so far to make sure its ok, so watch this space.
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:40 pm

sounds like it could be intresting
    geordiedave

Post by geordiedave Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:26 pm

This sounds really good and look forward to attending ( as long as I can get the preliminary dated saturday off), because going by this forum ,it's got some of the best instructors in the country.
    bobspour
    bobspour

Post by bobspour Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Yes....Count me in boys....use me in any way you want!!!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Great to have you on board Bob,

Looking good so far Very Happy

Dave your right mate, this is gonna be one which is NOT to be missed and one to start the year as we all mean to go on.

Craig
    Joe Hubbard
    Joe Hubbard

Post by Joe Hubbard Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:46 am

Count me in!

Out

Joe
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:06 am

Hey This is getting better and better and like you say, definatly going to start the year off with a bang.

are there any members of this forum that teach Krav Maga? be interesting to see and learn a bit about that.

hope this comes off cos I'm really lookin forward to it, gonna be some great people there.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:12 am

Not sure on the krav maga front, but its always worth asking

come on guys, anyone with krav maga experience?

should be an awesome day to be sure

Craig
    drgndrew
    drgndrew

Post by drgndrew Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:52 am

I love to play with you guys, does anyone want to send me a return air ticket from Australia to the UK??
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:35 am

joe you in or out
    lol
    stephengrff4
    stephengrff4

Post by stephengrff4 Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Such a fantastic idea keep me informed as I would love to attend the seminar. Steve Griffiths
    mattsylvester

Post by mattsylvester Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:36 am

This looks good and I have a pass from the missus. Any places left and I can I try to bring people?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:29 pm