The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+3
Davey
Jazzgoat
Peter Skillen
7 posters

How many times a week do you train?

Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

How many times a week do you train? Empty How many times a week do you train?

Post by Peter Skillen Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:49 pm

and what do your training sessions consist of?

How many times a week do you train? Empty Re: How many times a week do you train?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 am

At the moment not as regular as Id like.
    when I am back in full swing, it is 5 nights a week.
    This consists of cardio work, bike, treadmill or roadwork when i can be bothered to leave the gym or house to run. weights, either heavy or light depending on the cycle I am doing. bag work, Pad work, chins, press ups, squats, and then training with clients.

Kung Fu if I get time, and Judo when I am not running around doing everything else for the wife and kids.

but on and off, im pretty consistent when I am focussed and training.

Craig
    Jazzgoat
    Jazzgoat

How many times a week do you train? Empty Re: How many times a week do you train?

Post by Jazzgoat Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:44 pm

5 nights a week, good going.

I find it more valuable to do less sessions but more focused, I find the balance makes me get more out of the session if you get me. Less is more type thinking.

At the moment one very heavy randori session, a technique/light randori session and a hillsprint session at the weekend.

Jazzgoat.
    Davey
    Davey

Post by Davey Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:30 am

Mondays: Home gym, 5mins on bike, 5mins treadmill, Bench press, Fly, Pull ups, beat bob up for a bit
    then go to Ju Jitsu for 1hr 30.

Tuesday: Home gym, 5mins on bike, 5mins treadmill, Curling, French curl, Shoulder Press, beat bob up for a bit Longer Smile

Wednesday: Home gym, 5mins on bike, 5mins treadmill, Bench press, Fly, Pull ups, beat bob up for a bit.

Thursday: Home gym, 5mins on bike, 5mins treadmill, Curling, French curl, Shoulder Press, beat bob up for a bit Longer Smile

Friday: Home gym, 5mins on bike, 5mins treadmill, Bench press, Fly, Pull ups, beat bob up for a bit
    then go to Ju Jitsu for 1hr.

Saturday, Shopping at morrisons this I find is the test, a real work out Smile

Sunday: CSP 9:30 -1130/1200 ish Smile

Sometimes I miss out te Bike Smile
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:56 pm

mentally or physicaly id say 99.0 percent of the time a little obsessive sometimes i have trouble switching off when im watching films etc because i get a new training idea or i start practicing motions. When i go for walks once or twice a week its usually somewere quiet because ill be working on footwork or waving my arms in some way or other
    all my physical training is about technique no weights press ups etc either some form of targeting/speed on the elastic ball or striking on various bags.....crisp bags are my favourite popcorn
    Mick Tully
    Mick Tully

Post by Mick Tully Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 pm

hey guys,
    At the moment i'm training/teaching everyday,but i've gone back to more gym work as well as training in just MA.Realistically i get poss 90 mins training a day but poss half of that actually training at peak output.I would say to anyone if all you can do is shadowbox then 30mins a day would be more than enough to keep you sharp and on the ball...i hear guys tell me all the time about this herculean regime they follow and then i wonder when they hit the mat what exactly they are training in.Remember if you only get 3 times a week in then thats three times a week more than doing sweet fanny adams....just enjoy the journey and don't take anything too serious....remember this is a great pastime /hobby/lifestyle we follow...gotta be better than sitting in some stinking boozer talking shite eh?
    take care
    mick x
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:00 am

Mick, as well as having great taste in 80s clothing and trainers youve just hit the nail on the head. I don`t train as much as some people but I`m more confident than I`ve ever been, I`m better speaking to people, and my missus and little girl say I`m a much nicer bloke to be around than I`ve been in years.
    I`ve got mates who can drink, fight, smoke, snort coke, bone any passing old rat and offer an opinion on anything, and I`m so glad I`m not in that boat anymore.

My training is roughly once a week with Karl, then two or three sessions at home on weights, bag, stretching etc, whatever feels right at the time.
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:33 am

I train every other day 30 mins skipping,30 mins floor exercise,30 mins continous bag work. Then i teach and somtimes join in if the class is high level. I also then practice pad drills and skills many and vaired and regular sparring. when the weather is good i do big hill sprinting session weekly. My brother introduced this to me and it is a hard hard routine...but i like it.
    Jonny Figgis
    Jonny Figgis

Post by Jonny Figgis Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:02 pm

I train Kempo on Monday, lots of conditioning, stretching, self defence concepts/techniques and sparring. Tuesday I teach self defence where I do a lot of demonstrations so that is a work out in itself covering everything from The Fence to restrictive punching, groundwork and lots of drills. Wednesday is either Kempo or Hard Target Self Defence Systems with Aidan Carroll. I'm working towards my 1st Dan with Aidan so have weekly sessions with him as well as seminars every few weekends. Thursday is a night off. Friday bag work (lots of talking to the bag!) and same for Saturday (if no seminar is on). Sunday I usually spend editing and writing..all fun! Also, good stretching every morning and chins, push-ups, dips etc...just to start the day! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:05 pm