The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

The Martial Archive

drgndrew
    drgndrew

The Martial Archive Empty The Martial Archive

Post by drgndrew Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 am

G'day All,

Just thought I'd mention this website, The Martial Archive (TMA).

http://themartialarchive.com/

it's the brain child of Steve Rowe and Gavin King from the UK

from the About page:
    The Martial Archive is a collaboration between Steve Rowe and Gavin King. Steve is a long standing, prominent martial artist and writer and Gavin is a part of the new generation of martial artist and is also writer and physical therapist. Between them they have huge library of articles and information that they wanted to build on and make available to martial artists treading a similar path to themselves. Those who are hungry for information and don't want to have to sift through all the rubbish to find that occasional 'diamond on a beach of pebbles' on the internet can find most of what they need here.

The information here will be continually built on from a wide variety of authors with links to video and collaboration from many other sites. We welcome feedback, comments and articles submitted by others.

I have a small collection of articles featured there that can be accesses via my Bio page:
    Click for Drews TMA profile

The Archive caters to a wide variety of martial arts, and already has a good collection of articles on everything from Tai Chi to RBSD, and will being constantly added to. The RBSD (Self Defence) side of the archive is smallish compared the the rest of the archive, with our friend Mick Coup and I providing around 18 articles at the moment (PS it was only launched a few days ago.)

There is a forum available to discuss the articles or other MA topics and a place on the forum to submit your own articles if you wish.

All in all i think it will grow to be a valuable source of information for all martial arts and artists regardless of affiliation or style preference.

If you know me then you'd know I wouldn't recommend something if I didn't honestly believe it was worth a look.

Have a peak and see what you think.
    PS it was only launched a few days ago.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:41 am