The Self Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Everything Self Defence

+28
Jamie Clubb
bobspour
Helen Mackenzie
AFinlayson
Eddie Quinn
Tony Terranova
Lee Morrison
geordiedave
Dave Turton
Davey
AndyG
Alban Balliu
moldeeside
Peter Skillen
Steve Rowe
Al Peasland
esther
nisa
Richard Grannon
Matt
kaarl
Tim Coppin
Jon
Abnett
Dave Stanswood
jimmyfatwing
Mick Tully
D.Hughes
32 posters

SD Forum Ultimate Protection Seminar

D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

SD Forum Ultimate Protection Seminar - Page 2 Empty Re: SD Forum Ultimate Protection Seminar

Post by D.Hughes Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:48 pm

big fat fuck up with the venue.
    dates WILL be changed. currently contacting all instructors, looks like we will lose at least one, so keep checking back people!
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

SD Forum Ultimate Protection Seminar - Page 2 Empty Re: SD Forum Ultimate Protection Seminar

Post by D.Hughes Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:56 pm

ok, the dates and times that are up now are pretty much solid.
    the venue has confirmed, and the contract is in the post.
    hopefully nothing more will change on that front, touch wood.

booking details will be released next week.

remember, numbers are limited, so book your place fast!
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon

Post by Richard Grannon Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:49 am

how limited are your numbers? expand your numbers and up the price...?

just a thought, dont want to stress you out like, but you've got a lot of good names there with a fair bit of pulling power, just saying Rick

Cool
    kaarl
    kaarl

Post by kaarl Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:01 am

self defence is about saving lives not profit
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:02 am

limited is as far as id like to go at this stage mate Very Happy
    the place will be full with the numbers we have set, and the price is that low simply because we want to make it more available to everyone, especially those that cant afford to attend the usual seminars, as i know there are many, myself included.

thats the beauty of being a member here Very Happy
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:03 am

but never the less karl, for instructors, it is a livelihood. we all have bills to pay mate. cant blame anyone for capitalising on a great talent, and many years of experience.
    nisa
    nisa

Post by nisa Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:44 am

Seminar sounds great, look forward to meeting everyone Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:45 am

look forward to seeing you there Nisa

will be awesome

Craig
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon

Post by Richard Grannon Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:57 am

kaarl wrote:self defence is about saving lives not profit

Razz
    esther
    esther

Post by esther Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 am

Sounds amazing, i would love to come, but i would have to see if i could grab a lift with one of our guys!!! fingers crossed. lol!
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:25 am

This is going to be a great day. I'm flattered to be able to teach alongside the others on this line up and can't wait to train on their secitons of the seminar too. Hope I go first before they steal all my ideas Smile

As I see it, the main reason for this seminar was to give somehting back to all those who have supported Craig and Rick in setting up this forum. The price is set extremely low considering the level and amount of tuition being provided, but as Rick and Craig have said, this seminar is about giving something back and making what we teach accessible to all.

I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity for future seminars with similar line ups where the cost is more commensurate with the level of instruction being given, this one is a taster and a treat for all members of this forum and to hopefully excite others into joining up.

Rick, Craig - you've done a top job lads, really impressed with the effort you've put in.

All those teaching, many many thanks for your support and contribution. This is what Martial Arts is all about!

Take care all and hope to see you all on the seminar.

Al x
    jimmyfatwing
    jimmyfatwing

Post by jimmyfatwing Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:48 am

Al Peasland wrote:Rick, Craig - you've done a top job lads, really impressed with the effort you've put in.

Concur with bells on!!!!!!
    Steve Rowe
    Steve Rowe

Post by Steve Rowe Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 pm

I have a seminar myself that weekend so I can't make it, but will give full coverage in the Martial Arts Standard magazine, so Craig and Rick are gonna take notes and photos... Anyone thought of doing a DVD of the event?
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:35 pm

yer we are trying to do get a dvd sorted as we speak mate Very Happy
    the ad space is much appreciated, form both you and everyone else thats offered.

i posted it last night on the old forum to let everyone know about it, but they seem to have banned me this morning. god knows why, its a great opportunity, but if they want their members to miss it, i suppose thats their call. no hard feelings here Very Happy
    D.Hughes
    D.Hughes
    Admin

Post by D.Hughes Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:38 pm

oh, that reminds me.
    does anyone have a super dooper camera? the mags will need high res pics of he event, preferably from said super dooper camera.
    if you do, please, bring it and take some photos!
    Steve Rowe
    Steve Rowe

Post by Steve Rowe Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Nearly all cameras are good enough nowadays as long as it's 5m pixel or above and on the best setting. A few important tips:

Have camera on best res setting (pics should be around 2mb each).

All the best photos will be posed.

Hold the camera steady when you take the pics and don't move the camera as you push the button.

Check out the lighting - if its fluorescent you will need to set the white balance (most cameras have a setting but the best pics are with a manual setting) hopefully you'll have enough daylight to not have to do this.

If possible take some against a neutral background so if we do a 'cut out' it's much easier.

Take lots of pics so we have a good choice.

Do the write up in a word document without any extra formatting (no 'lists' font changes, indents etc) and send the pics separately.

This is good advice for anyone wanting to send any articles to any publication.

Good luck guys!
    Jon
    Jon

Post by Jon Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 pm

thanks for the airport details lads Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Thanks for the kind words and support Al, and you are bang on with your sentiment mate, we wanted to do this a while back but as the forum was growing steadily we needed the right time for it, and now seems to be it Very Happy

Al has hit our aims for the seminar on the head, we feel that people are too caught up in just seminars and do not realise the potential instructors for great self protection who may be on their own doorstep and if not can get in contact with and see that everyone is approachable and willing to help to give you the best instruction possible. Hence £10 per head.

Making money was not on the agenda for this one for myself and Rick, but just to give something back and show everyone that we can all come together no matter what age, experience, or style and learn from one another. Instructor I may be but on the day I am a student the same as everyone else and love the fact we are all going to be under one roof having a bloody good time.

Steve,

Thanks for that mate, we will make sure we get the best possible pics and get the write up done for you as soon as we can mate.

To all those who are coming, to either teach, helping us cover the event and promote it, our sincere thanks its guys and gals like you who make this sort of event possible for everyone.

And to the members.... thanks for being here, your posts and your contribution, you guys are what make places like this forum and these events possible.

cheers
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon

Post by Richard Grannon Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Its going to be a wicked day, really looking forward to it and will be doing everything I can to promote it - anyone up for a bevvy in Liverpool after? Very Happy
    jimmyfatwing
    jimmyfatwing

Post by jimmyfatwing Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Ooh...bevvy sounds interesting.....may think about designating a driver that's not me or B&B's Wink
    Abnett
    Abnett

Post by Abnett Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:22 pm

There's the plas coch pub next to the seminar venue too. Start there and get the train to liverpool - it's £8-9 roughly. How do we get the money over to you Rick and Craig so we can book ourselves in please? I'm looking forward to this, and something to look forward to is exactly what i need right now. Thanks guys. It'll be nice to finally meet Craig too after training with Rick. Keep up the good work guys!! Very Happy
    Al Peasland
    Al Peasland
    Admin

Post by Al Peasland Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi All

I'm planning on setting up a page for everyone to book their place via paypal and my website.

The plan is that my site will be the only place to accept payment so that we can keep track of who is booked and who isn't.

All other adverts on other sites will have a link to my payment page which will be fully secure with Paypal.

I should have this up and running by the weekend.

As soon as it's done I will be posting links everywhere to this page.

Thanks all

Al

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks for that Al

looks like we are a go then guys Very Happy
    I can see this being on of the best ever, and hopefully not the only one we will organise from our forum.

So keep an eye out for Al's post and we can get the ball rolling and start taking some names cheers
    Peter Skillen
    Peter Skillen

Post by Peter Skillen Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:47 am

Good stuff al and give us a call over the weekend mate if you get time.
    moldeeside

Post by moldeeside Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:50 am

I`m relatively new to the forum and the training with other people but I`m really excited about all this, all the top names I`ve seen spoken highly of are suddenly appearing just up the road and I`ve got five hours to listen and learn, and train with the best people available.

top effort Craig, you should be really proud of this forum.

Mol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:26 am